Are you searching for a delectable dinner option that will leave your taste buds tingling? Look no further than this tantalizing recipe for Tenderloin Beef Tips and Mushrooms. It’s the perfect dish to satisfy the cravings of any beef lover!
Picture this: you walk into a kitchen filled with the tantalizing aroma of sizzling steak and earthy mushrooms. It’s a feast fit for kings and queens. This recipe is my go-to when I want to impress my family with a delicious and easy-to-make meal. And trust me, it never disappoints!
Now, my household consists of two meat-loving individuals, my husband and teenage son. With our vegetarian daughter away at college, they have taken full control of our dinner choices. And what is their favorite? You guessed it, steak! That’s why I decided to whip up these mouthwatering tenderloin beef tips. The best part? It’s a quick and simple weeknight meal!
Whenever possible, I opt for Certified Angus Beef Brand. Their beef is absolutely fabulous and bursting with flavor. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you!
What You’ll Need
- Beef Tenderloin Tips: These tender morsels are cut from the end of the tenderloin and boast exceptional tenderness.
- Steak Seasoning: Choose between a simple blend of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder or experiment with a tantalizing steak seasoning blend.
- Olive Oil: Any light, neutral-flavored oil will do.
- Mushrooms: Baby bellas or white button mushrooms work wonders. If they’re large, simply halve or quarter them.
- Beer (or Beef Broth): The beer adds a delightful depth of flavor, but feel free to substitute beef broth if you’re not a fan.
- Butter: Opt for unsalted butter to have greater control over the dish’s saltiness.
- Fresh Parsley: For a pop of color and flavor. Don’t worry if you’re out of fresh herbs, dried parsley will work just fine.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to taste.
The Secret to Affordable Tenderloin
Beef Tenderloin can put a dent in your grocery bill, but fear not! I’ve got some tips up my sleeve. Making tenderloin tips is a perfect way to savor a premium cut of meat without breaking the bank. These tips are essentially the delicious leftovers from tenderloin roasts. They come in various sizes and weights since they consist of scraps. And the best part? They’re much more budget-friendly than tenderloin roasts or filet mignon steaks!
Next time you spot these beauties at your grocery store, grab as many as you can and freeze them. And if you stumble upon a discounted price, seize the opportunity! You can also go for a larger piece of tenderloin or tenderloin steaks and cut them up yourself, but be prepared to pay a bit more. Trust me, it’s all worth it when you see the smiles on your family’s faces.
Not only is this a gourmet meal, but it also cooks up in a flash. Picture this: you have 30 minutes to prepare dinner, and you might just catch a quick nap in the last ten minutes of cooking. Pair this delightful dish with an air fryer baked sweet potato, and you’ve got a complete meal that will leave everyone satisfied.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating these tenderloin tips and mushrooms:
- Bring the steak to room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the steak seasoning on the mushrooms and steak.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil to the skillet and toss in the beef. Cook for about two minutes until they start to brown, ensuring they’re not cooked all the way through. Remove from the pan.
- Add the mushrooms to the same skillet and cook for approximately five minutes. They should become wilted, releasing their delicious juices. Pour in the beer and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the beer starts to reduce, and the mushrooms are almost cooked.
- Add the butter and cook until melted, and the sauce slightly thickens. Give it a good whisk.
- Return the steak to the skillet and cook for an additional two minutes, or until the steak reaches your desired doneness. A slight hint of pink in the center is always a winner.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley on top and season with salt to taste before serving.
Tips for Perfection
To ensure your meal turns out absolutely scrumptious, keep these tips in mind:
- Use room temperature meat. Allow the steak to reach room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will ensure even cooking and prevent overcooking.
- Get that pan hot! Heat your skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat until it’s smoking hot before adding the steak. A high temperature will give your meat the perfect sear and lock in all the flavorful juices.
- Invest in a meat thermometer. For an incredibly tender result, cook your steak to medium-rare. The internal temperature should read between 130-140 degrees F. Cooking to a higher temperature is a matter of personal preference, but it may affect the tenderness.
- Don’t waste those pan drippings! They make a mouthwatering sauce that will elevate your meal to new heights.
Variations and Substitutions
If you’re feeling adventurous, here are a few ways you can spice up this already fantastic recipe:
- Experiment with different cuts of beef. Tenderloin steaks can be replaced with sirloin steak, a cut-down whole tenderloin, filet mignon steaks, or prime rib. Just remember to choose tender cuts of beef, as lean cuts tend to be tougher.
- Add a touch of umami. For an extra burst of flavor, splash in some soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce to elevate the beefy goodness.
- Swap the beer. While beer adds fantastic flavor, you can opt for wine or beef stock if you prefer.
Side Dish Heaven
Now that we have your main course sorted, let’s talk about the perfect accompaniments. Here are a few of my favorite side dishes to complement this mouthwatering meal:
- Parmesan Truffle Hasselback Potatoes
- Lemon Roasted Asparagus
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes with Seasoned Sour Cream
- Balsamic Roasted Air Fryer Carrots via Kinda Healthy Recipes
- Avocado, Tomato, and Arugula Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Blue Cheese Tomato Recipe with Microgreens
- Pan-Fried Potatoes and Onions
And for Dessert…
Don’t forget to save room for dessert! How about indulging in some Cannoli Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries or savoring a Rustic Cinnamon Apple Tart? With this scrumptious dinner and a delectable dessert, you’re all set for a memorable evening!
If this Beef Tenderloin Tips Recipe has you drooling, don’t forget to rate it 5-stars below. And make sure to subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks for more mouthwatering recipes and cooking tips delivered straight to your inbox. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and stay connected with me on social media – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Now go ahead, whip up this extraordinary meal, and prepare to be showered with compliments. Bon appétit!