WW nice cream is zero points and a refreshing treat.
What is Nice Cream?
Nice cream is a delightful frozen treat made by blending frozen fruit. It serves as a healthier alternative to traditional ice cream and can be enjoyed without guilt.
Nice cream is a zero-point dessert on the WW plan.
Nice cream is incredibly easy to make, using whole, real food ingredients. It is low in calories and perfect for those following the Weight Watchers plan or a whole foods, plant-based (WFPB) diet.
Health Benefits of Nice Cream
Nice cream is an excellent choice for both children and adults. It is packed with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants from the fruits used in the recipe. Studies have shown that people who consume more fruit generally weigh less than those who consume fewer servings.
For most individuals following the new WW system, fruit is zero points. However, individuals on the diabetic low-carb plan should note that it carries 1 point per cup. Despite this, it is still a healthy and low-point option, especially when paired with protein to maintain stable blood sugar levels.
Exciting Nice Cream Flavors to Try
One fantastic aspect of nice cream is its endless flavor possibilities. Here are some delicious variations to experiment with:
- Basic banana: bananas, 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Chocolate nice cream: bananas, 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Chocolate mint nice cream: bananas, 2 tsp cocoa powder, one drop mint extract (use sparingly!)
- Strawberry banana nice cream: bananas, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- Strawberry kiwi nice cream: bananas, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup kiwi
- Tropical nice cream: bananas, 1/2 cup frozen mango or pineapple, 1/2 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- Blueberry banana nice cream: bananas, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Chocolate peanut butter nice cream: bananas, 2 tsp cocoa powder, 1 T powdered peanut butter (adds 1 point)
- Chocolate cherry nice cream: bananas, 2 tsp cocoa powder, 1/2 cup frozen cherries, 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- Kamikaze: Blend any frozen fruits you have on hand for a unique flavor combination.
Can you make nice cream without bananas? Absolutely! While it won’t be as creamy, you can make nice cream with other frozen fruits like mango, cherries, or pineapple. Simply keep bags of frozen fruit in your freezer for whenever cravings strike.
Tantalizing Toppings and Mix-Ins
Enhance your nice cream experience with these delectable toppings and mix-ins:
- Mini-chocolate chips: 1 T = 3 points. Because who can resist chocolate?
- Shredded coconut: 1 T = 2 points. Perfect for tropical nice cream.
- Raspberries: any size serving = 0 points. Add them as a topping for a burst of flavor.
- Extracts: 1/2 tsp = 0 points. Try coconut, almond, vanilla, or mint extract for unique ice cream flavors.
- Sliced or chopped nuts: 1 T = 2-3 points. Add a satisfying crunch to your nice cream.
- Cocoa powder: 2 tsp = 0 points. For a rich chocolatey taste.
- Peanut butter: 1 T = 3 points. Mix it in while blending or swirl on top.
- PB2: powdered peanut butter. 1 T = 1 point.
- Light cream cheese: 1 T = 1 point. Adds extra creaminess to your nice cream.
- Flax, chia, or hemp seeds: 1 T = 1-2 points. Boost the nutritional content.
- Dates: 1 ounce = 5 points. Add chopped dates for extra sweetness.
- No-calorie sweetener: 0 points. Use stevia or your preferred sweetener.
- Honey or maple syrup: 1 tsp = 1 point.
- Sugar-free hot chocolate mix: 1-3 points per packet. A kid-friendly option.
- Crystal light or other drink mix packet: 0 points. Experiment with different flavors.
- Sugar-free jello or pudding mix: 1 T = 1 point. Adds thickness and more flavors.
Best Blenders and Makers for Nice Cream
Wondering which blender or nice cream maker to choose? Here are some options:
The Vitamix is a top-of-the-line blender that works exceptionally well for making nice cream. It’s a powerful and versatile machine that can handle any frozen fruit.
Yonanas is a specialized fruit soft-serve maker designed specifically for nice cream. With Yonanas, you don’t need to add extra milk. It’s a convenient option for those who frequently enjoy nice cream.
If you’re looking for a powerful blender that won’t break the bank, the Ninja is a great choice. It works well for making nice cream and comes with personal-size cups for added convenience.
Basic Kitchen Blender
Any basic kitchen blender can be used to make nice cream with frozen fruit. However, you may need to add more milk to achieve a smoother consistency. If it becomes too soft, simply place it in the freezer for a few minutes before enjoying.
A NutriBullet or similar personal-size blender is suitable for making banana nice cream. These blenders may require a small amount of milk to achieve the desired consistency.
Mix by Hand
If you don’t have a blender, you can still make nice cream! Use a hand mixer to blend the frozen bananas with a bit of almond milk. Alternatively, you can make banana ice cream by hand using a fork and spoon. Simply thaw the frozen bananas or microwave them for 10 seconds before mashing them with a fork.
Tips for Making Perfect Nice Cream
To ensure a delightful nice cream experience, keep these tips in mind:
- Nice cream is best enjoyed immediately, but you can also freeze it for later. If it becomes too hard, let it sit on the counter or reheat it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds before serving.
- For a thicker consistency, add ground flax, chia, or hemp seeds. However, remember to account for the additional points.
- Nice cream melts quickly, so place a few small pieces of frozen fruit on the edge of your bowl to keep it cold while you enjoy it. Save the frozen fruit for the last few bites!
- Get creative and involve your kids in making their own nice cream. They’ll love customizing their flavors and toppings.
- Nice cream can also be served as a cold pudding or smoothie bowl.
- Use ripe bananas for the sweetest flavor.
- Sweetener is optional, as the natural sweetness of the bananas may be enough for you.
- Don’t let those brown bananas go to waste! Store them in the freezer until you’re ready to make nice cream.
How to Make WW Frozen Banana Ice Cream
Making this delicious and nutritious treat is quick and easy. Follow these simple steps:
- Gather your ingredients. Riper bananas will yield sweeter ice cream. Remember to freeze the bananas for at least one hour before making the nice cream.
- Depending on the strength of your blender, chop or slice the bananas into small pieces. If you have a powerful blender like a Ninja or Vitamix, you can freeze the bananas whole or in large chunks.
- Place the bananas in the blender and add any additional ingredients or flavorings.
- Blend until smooth. If the mixture is too dry, gradually add almond milk in small amounts until the desired creamy consistency is achieved. Be careful not to add too much liquid, as it may turn into a smoothie instead of ice cream.
- Serve and enjoy your homemade banana nice cream!
Remember, this delightful dessert is zero points on the WW plan, so indulge in it whenever your sweet tooth calls.
What’s your favorite nice cream flavor? Share in the comments below!
More Posts You Will Love:
- Weight Watchers Food Finds
- Top WW Foods to Buy on Amazon
- 50+ Ways to Eat Fruit for Weight Loss
- 3 Steps to Conquer Your Food Cravings Forever
Pin this WW Banana Ice Cream Post for Later: