Air Fryer Stuffed Pork Chops are a delightful combination of spinach, mushrooms, and cream cheese, generously seasoned and cooked to perfection in the air fryer.
Are you looking for ways to make your pork chops more flavorful? Want to get a little creative in the kitchen? Look no further. This recipe allows you to experiment with different ingredients or keep it simple and delicious.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Thick Pork Chops: Choose bone-in or boneless chops, about 1 1/2″ thick, for easy stuffing.
- Fresh Spinach: Opt for fresh spinach to avoid excess liquid in the stuffing. If frozen spinach is your only option, make sure to drain it before adding.
- Mushrooms: Any type of mushroom will work perfectly—white, button, or even wild mushrooms.
- Seasonings: Create a flavor explosion with a blend of Spanish paprika (smoked for a touch of smokiness), garlic salt, Italian seasoning (or oregano), salt, and ground black pepper.
- Cooking Oil: Use a neutral-flavored oil like canola for best results.
- Fresh Garlic: Enhance the flavors with freshly minced garlic.
- Cream Cheese: Full-fat cream cheese is a must for its rich flavor and creamy texture. Let it soften slightly at room temperature before use.
- Mayonnaise: For an added touch of richness.
How to Make Air Fryer Stuffed Pork Chops
- Carefully create a pocket in each pork chop, ensuring you don’t cut all the way through. If the chops are frozen, it may be easier to make the pocket.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Sprinkle this flavorful blend on all sides of the pork chops. Set aside.
- Heat half of the cooking oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Sauté the spinach and mushrooms until the spinach wilts, approximately 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Remember not to overcook the garlic to avoid burning it.
- Stir in the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and salt. Give the mixture a taste to ensure the seasoning is to your liking. Add more salt if desired.
- Spoon the filling into each pork chop, ensuring the edges are sealed with toothpicks. If the chops are generously filled, simply closing the edges should suffice.
- Optional: To prevent sticking, place a parchment paper round at the bottom of your air fryer basket.
- Place the stuffed pork chops in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 385°F for approximately 15 minutes or until the internal meat temperature reaches 145°F. Allow the chops to rest for 3 minutes before removing the toothpicks. Serve with your favorite side dish.
Substitutions & Variations
- Feel free to substitute pork chops with chicken or skirt steak, using the same creamy filling.
- If you prefer, you can replace the seasonings with a pre-made blend or experiment with red pepper flakes, parsley, or chili powder.
- Enhance the indulgence by adding another cheese along with the cream cheese. Consider Parmesan cheese, blue cheese, feta cheese, or cheddar.
- Explore other vegetable options for stuffing, such as sun-dried tomatoes, kale, or broccoli.
Can I Grill the Stuffed Pork Chops?
Absolutely! Follow the same steps until it’s time to cook the chops. Place the stuffed chops on a hot grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side until they turn golden. Carefully flip the chops when cooking each side.
Afterward, move the chops to the indirect heat area of the grill. Close the grill and let them cook for 5 minutes per side. Remove them from the grill and let them rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
How Can I Store Leftovers?
Allow the stuffed pork chops to cool completely, then store them in an airtight container. They can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
To reheat, preheat your oven to 350°F and add a splash of water or broth to the pan. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Tips for Success
- Choose pork chops that are thick enough to create a pocket (bone-in or boneless).
- Ensure the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Use a meat thermometer for accurate results.
- If you lack an oven-safe skillet, transfer the pork to an oven-safe baking dish.
Why Use an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is an incredibly convenient kitchen appliance that provides crispy results without the need for excess oil. It works by circulating hot air around the food, mimicking the deep-frying process. You can achieve the same deliciousness as in the oven with the added bonus of a crispy texture.
If you want to share this delightful recipe with your friends on social media, click here: Hook’d Up Bar and Grill.
Like this recipe? Visit A Food Lover’s Kitchen for more amazing recipes. Discover Instant Pot recipes at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, and indulge in cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check them out today!