If you’re craving the best, most flavorful tacos you’ll ever taste, look no further than Hook’d Up Bar and Grill’s Pork Carnitas Street Tacos recipe! Picture yourself biting into a mouthwatering taco that’s bursting with deliciousness.
A Taco Fiesta!
Who doesn’t love tacos? They are versatile, flavorful, and simply irresistible. Living in the southwest, I’ve had the pleasure of trying various types of tacos, but one of my absolute favorites has to be pork carnitas tacos. And today, I’m excited to share my go-to recipe with you!
How to Make Hook’d Up Bar and Grill’s Pork Carnitas Street Tacos
- Start by cutting up the pork and rubbing all sides with salt.
- Heat oil in a large stock pot and brown all sides of the pork pieces until they’re beautifully caramelized.
- Add in the spices, orange slices, onion, and broth, bringing everything to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to a simmer and let it cook for approximately one hour.
- While the pork is cooking, whip up some easy red chile sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Once the pork is done cooking, scoop out the meat onto a cutting board and shred it using a fork.
- Place the shredded pork on a baking sheet and generously spoon on some of the leftover broth.
- Bake the pork in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Then, spoon more of the leftover broth over the pork and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Fry up some taco shells, load them up with the flavorful shredded pork, and top with red chile sauce, onion, and cilantro.
- Get ready to indulge in the most amazing Pork Carnitas Street Tacos!
Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt?
You might be wondering about the difference between pork shoulder and pork butt. Surprisingly, they’re actually the same cut of meat! It can be a little confusing, but that’s just the way it is. Both cuts come from the shoulder of the pig and are perfect for making delicious pulled pork, whether it’s for tacos or sliders.
When it comes to purchasing pork butt, stores like Sam’s or Costco often offer great deals. However, don’t count Walmart out either. Stock up on an 8lb pork butt, freeze half of it right away, and use the rest to create these amazing tacos!
Cooking Temperatures for Perfectly Tender Pork
To ensure that your pork is safe to eat, it needs to reach a minimum internal temperature of 145°F. However, for melt-in-your-mouth, perfectly tender pork, I highly recommend cooking it until it reaches between 200°F and 210°F. Trust me, this extra step will be well worth it. For accurate temperature readings, I love using my Dash thermometer.
Choosing the Perfect Sauce for Your Carnitas Tacos
When it comes to the sauce for your pork carnitas tacos, I have two delicious recommendations. First, there’s the classic red chile sauce, bursting with authentic flavors. But don’t miss out on my cilantro lime sauce – it’s incredibly tasty too! And if you’re feeling adventurous, give my mango salsa or salsa verde a try. You won’t be disappointed!
For a step-by-step visual guide on making my red chile sauce, head over to our website’s YouTube channel.
Toppings That Elevate the Taco Experience
To complete the ultimate Pork Carnitas Street Tacos, top them off with the following:
- Red Chile Sauce
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Cilantro
These toppings add layers of flavor and freshness to your already sensational taco.
Explore More Tasty Recipes at Hook’d Up Bar and Grill
At Hook’d Up Bar and Grill, we’re passionate about bringing you mouthwatering recipes that elevate your dining experience. Be sure to check out these other delicious recipes on our website:
- Smoked Chicken
- Best Homemade Hamburgers
- Green Chile Burgers
- Green Chile Stew
- Lucky Charms Cookies
- Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Easy Lemon Cookies
Now that you have a taste of what Hook’d Up Bar and Grill has to offer, it’s time to enjoy these incredible Pork Carnitas Street Tacos. Pair them with a refreshing lemonade or a watermelon slushy for the ultimate feast. Get ready to savor every flavorful bite!