Are you looking to impress your guests with a delicious appetizer? These Seafood Egg Rolls are loaded with succulent shrimp, fresh crab, and a kick of sriracha. Prepare to tantalize your taste buds! To make these egg rolls even more irresistible, I’ll share the recipe for a honey lime sriracha sauce that will leave you craving more. And if you enjoy this recipe, you’ll definitely want to try our Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls and Buffalo Chicken Sliders too!
Ingredients to Make Seafood Egg Rolls
- Lump Crab Meat
- Egg Roll Wraps
- Coleslaw Mix
- Grated Ginger
- Bean Sprouts
- Garlic Cloves
- Lime Juice
- Ground Black Pepper
- Granulated Garlic
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Peanut Oil
Ingredients to Make Honey Lime Sriracha Sauce
- Lime Juice
- Garlic Clove
How to Make Seafood Egg Rolls
- Start by pat-drying the shrimp with a paper towel. Roughly chop the shrimp and season it with lime juice, salt, black pepper, and granulated garlic. Set it aside.
- Marinate the crab meat with lime juice from half a lime. Set it aside.
- Grate the carrots and chop the celery and scallions into small pieces. Mince the garlic cloves and grate the ginger.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and set it aside.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add sesame oil. Add the seasoned shrimp, grated carrots, celery, bean sprouts, grated ginger, scallions, and minced garlic cloves. Cook for 4-6 minutes until the shrimp turns pink and opaque. Add the garlic cloves for the last 30 seconds and sauté with the other ingredients. Stir well throughout the cooking process. Once the shrimp is cooked, transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Combine the marinated crab meat, sriracha, soy sauce, and coleslaw mix with the cooked shrimp and vegetable mixture. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Prepare the egg roll wraps. Use a silicone brush to brush the edges of the wraps with the beaten egg.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the seafood and vegetable mixture onto each egg roll wrap. Follow the package instructions to fold and close the wraps securely.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add peanut oil. Make sure the oil reaches a temperature of 370 degrees F but doesn’t exceed 375 degrees F.
- Fry 4-5 seafood egg rolls at a time for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn golden brown. Avoid overcrowding the pan, as it can cause the oil temperature to drop.
- Transfer the cooked egg rolls to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the egg rolls with the delicious honey lime sriracha sauce and enjoy!
How to Make Honey Lime Sriracha Sauce
- Melt the butter and mince the garlic clove.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, sriracha, honey, and lime juice.
- Whisk all the ingredients together until well combined. Now, savor the amazing flavors!
Tips & Variations
- Use high-quality lump crab meat for the best results. The freshness and quality of the crab meat greatly impact the overall taste of the egg rolls. Good quality crab meat blends harmoniously with the other ingredients, while inferior quality can overpower the dish.
- If you prefer milder flavors, skip the sriracha sauce. The egg rolls will still be delightful without the spice.
- To save time, you can use pre-cooked shrimp in this recipe.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes to restore their crispy texture.
- Ensure the oil reaches the right temperature before frying the egg rolls. Putting them in too soon can result in soggy rolls. The ideal temperature is around 370 degrees F, but don’t exceed 375 degrees F for the best outcome.
Visit Hook’d Up Bar and Grill to explore more delicious recipes and culinary experiences.
Now, gather your friends and family, serve these irresistible seafood egg rolls, and let the flavors take you on a delightful journey!