Our delightful Salmon Pasta Salad recipe combines tender chunks of salmon, pasta, and green peas with a creamy dressing of Greek yogurt, lemon, and dill. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a summer cookout, picnic, or even a lighter dinner or lunch.
Why We Adore this Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe
This salmon pasta salad takes just 30 minutes to prepare. Simply toss cooked pasta with leftover salmon, a luscious dressing, and a few seasonal additions. It’s superb for a quick dinner or a satisfying lunch on a scorching summer day. Plus, it’s the ultimate side dish to bring along to potlucks, backyard barbecues, or picnics.
Menu Planning Tip: If you’re planning out your weeknight meals, cook a little extra salmon one night so that you can repurpose it for this delightful pasta salad the next night!
Essential Ingredients for our Pasta Salad with Salmon
- Cooked Salmon: I personally prefer using leftover grilled cedar plank salmon or seared salmon, but any leftover salmon will do. Just make sure to choose a recipe without a strong marinade or glaze that might clash with the lemon and dill flavors in this recipe.
- Pasta: While we love using farfalle (bowtie) pasta, penne or spiral pasta also work splendidly. Feel free to use any pasta shape you have on hand.
- Greek Yogurt: Opt for either plain, non-fat, or full-fat Greek yogurt.
- Mayonnaise: When combined with Greek yogurt, mayo adds an extra creamy texture to the dressing.
- Lemon: Both the zest and juice of a lemon.
- Dijon Mustard
- Seasonings: Salt and ground pepper (preferably white pepper).
- Herbs: Chopped dill and chives.
- Peas: Choose between frozen and thawed peas, or fresh peas.
How to Prepare our Pasta Salad with Leftover Salmon
Step 1: Cook the Pasta
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it’s al dente. Drain the pasta thoroughly, then rinse it with cold water to cool.
Step 2: Prepare the Creamy Dressing
Meanwhile, whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, dill, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Combine the Pasta and Dressing
Add the cooked pasta to the Greek yogurt mixture and toss until it’s evenly coated.
Step 4: Incorporate the Remaining Ingredients
Include the peas, salmon, and chives. Toss everything together to ensure that the dressing coats every component of the pasta. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 hours before serving.
FAQs and Expert Tips
Discover More Pasta Salad Recipes
- Italian Pasta Salad: Loaded with artichoke hearts, basil, tomato, and a bold red wine vinaigrette.
- Mexican Pasta Salad: Embark on a metaphorical trip south of the border with this flavorful salad, featuring beans, corn, and chili pepper.
- Macaroni Salad with Cheddar Cheese: A lighter version of the classic, using a combination of mayo and Greek yogurt to reduce calories.
- Healthy Pasta Salad with Ham and Peas: An ultra-creamy rendition of the classic pasta salad.
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad: Ready in just 30 minutes with minimal effort.
Thank you for reading! If you’re new here, be sure to sign up for our email newsletter to receive a free weekly menu plan and the latest recipes directly to your inbox. If you try out this recipe, please don’t hesitate to leave a star rating and review. We would love to hear your thoughts!
Happy Cooking! ~Katie