Elevate Your Seafood Game with this Mouthwatering Delight
If you’re a fan of salmon and shrimp recipes, get ready to be blown away by the delectable Salmon New Orleans dish. In just 25 minutes, you can indulge in a seafood extravaganza that will leave you craving for more. Picture this: tender salmon, sautéed shrimp, and a heavenly honey garlic butter sauce. It’s a one-pan wonder that will make you go “mm mm” with every bite!
This easy salmon recipe delivers an explosion of flavors, making it the perfect choice for a weeknight seafood dinner. Inspired by Red Lobster’s famous Salmon New Orleans dish, it combines the succulent goodness of pan-seared salmon and juicy shrimp, all smothered in a tantalizing honey garlic butter sauce. The result? A restaurant-quality meal that you can enjoy without leaving the comfort of your home.
Indulge in the Flavorful Delights of Salmon New Orleans
Let’s dive into the captivating world of Salmon New Orleans. This recipe requires minimal ingredients, but the taste is out of this world. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Salmon filets: Opt for pre-cut filets or slice a large piece into filets.
- Shrimp: Don’t forget to clean and devein the shrimp, removing the shell.
- Cajun seasoning: This blend of spices is the secret behind the dish’s distinctive flavor. Feel free to use your homemade cajun seasoning if you prefer.
- Lemon: The citrusy tang of lemon perfectly complements the seafood.
- Olive oil: Use it to cook the salmon and shrimp.
- Cajun Butter Sauce: This savory-sweet sauce is a divine combination of honey, butter, garlic, lemon, and thyme. The caramelization of the salmon with honey creates an irresistible sauce that you’ll want to smother your entire meal in.
Easy Steps to Prepare the Salmon New Orleans
Let’s get cooking! Begin by squeezing half a lemon over the salmon. Then, season the salmon with 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning. Coat the shrimp with the remaining seasoning, ensuring they are evenly coated.
Next, melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Add diced garlic, thyme, and a touch of honey to the melted butter. Squeeze the remaining lemon into the mixture, then let it cook for 3 minutes over medium-low heat.
Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until they turn pink and are thoroughly cooked. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
Drizzle a little more olive oil into the same pan over medium-high heat, then add the salmon fillets. Cook them for 8-10 minutes until they are perfectly done.
Place the sautéed shrimp on top of the cooked salmon and serve with a generous amount of the mouthwatering pan sauce. Get ready to savor the amazing flavors of Salmon New Orleans.
Perfect Pairings for Salmon New Orleans
While Salmon New Orleans can stand alone as a satisfying meal, you can enhance it further by adding some delicious sides. Consider the following options:
- Veggies like asparagus, spinach, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts.
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice.
- Mashed potatoes, smashed potatoes, or even French fries.
- Pasta, such as Lemon Ricotta Pasta.
- Simple white rice or pilaf.
- Bacon Cheddar and Thyme Biscuits or Sage Brown Butter Biscuits with Parmesan, perfect for mopping up any extra garlic sauce.
- A refreshing green salad to complement this incredible dish.
Tips to Enhance Your Salmon New Orleans Experience
- If you have the necessary ingredients, I highly recommend making your own cajun seasoning. It only requires a few spices commonly found in your pantry. However, store-bought cajun seasoning works well too.
- For the best flavor, use fresh seafood. If possible, purchase shrimp and salmon from a reputable grocery store or fish market.
Elevate Your Seafood Game with More Delectable Recipes
Expand your culinary repertoire with these amazing seafood recipes:
- Pan Seared Shrimp
- Butter Poached Lobster
- Old Bay Shrimp Boil
- Low Country Boil
- Salmon Pasta Recipe
- Cajun Shrimp Tacos
- Old Bay Lobster Mac and Cheese
If you want more unique and beautiful recipes, subscribe to our newsletter. You’ll be the first to hear about new recipes and receive exclusive perks!
Stay connected on social media to continue our culinary journey together. Don’t forget to leave a comment and star rating on the recipe card if you decide to make this Salmon New Orleans. Tag @BritneyBreaksBread on Instagram and use the hashtag #britneybreaksbread to share your creations. We can’t wait to see how much you’ll love this recipe!