Maple Nut Goodies are delightful treats that combine the flavors of maple and crunchy nuts. These bite-sized wonders offer a symphony of sweet and nutty goodness that is hard to resist.
Why You’ll Fall in Love with This Recipe
A Sweetness That Appeals
Maple Nut Goodies are a sugary delight that will captivate your taste buds. Each morsel is infused with the distinct sweetness of maple, creating a comforting and addictive treat.
A Crunchy Texture to Savor
The combination of the smooth maple interior and the crunchy nutty exterior creates a textural sensation that is truly satisfying. With every bite, you’ll experience a delightful crunch followed by a burst of creamy maple flavor.
Simple Pleasures That Bring Joy
Sometimes, it’s the simplest things in life that bring the most joy. Creating a batch of Maple Nut Goodies requires only a few basic ingredients. It’s a nostalgic recipe that will bring back fond childhood memories and inspire new ones.
Ingredients for Making Maple Nut Goodies
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1 (12 ounces) package
- Milk chocolate chips – 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package
- Margarine or butter – 2 cups
- Peanut butter – 1 cup
- Cocktail peanuts – 1 (12 ounces) can
- Evaporated milk – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla pudding mix (not instant) – 1 (3 ounce) package
- Powdered sugar – 1 (2 lb) package
- Maple flavoring – 2 teaspoons
Steps to Create Maple Nut Goodies
Prepare the Baking Pan
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil.
- Butter the foil or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
Melt the Chocolate and Margarine
- In a large saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and 1 cup of margarine over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add peanut butter. Mix well.
Spread Half of the Mixture
- Spread half of the chocolate mixture in the buttered foil-lined pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes or until set, then transfer it to the refrigerator.
Combine Peanuts with the Remaining Chocolate Mixture
- Stir peanuts into the remaining chocolate mixture. Set it aside.
Melt Margarine and Prepare Pudding Mixture
- In a large saucepan, melt the remaining 1 cup of margarine over low heat.
- Gradually stir in the evaporated milk.
- Add the pudding mix and cook until the mixture slightly thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Mix in powdered sugar and maple flavor.
- Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes or until slightly cooled.
Spread the Pudding Mixture
- Carefully spread the pudding mixture over the chilled chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Add the Chocolate-Peanut Mixture
- Stir the reserved chocolate-peanut mixture and drop it by spoonfuls onto the chilled pudding layer. Spread it to cover the surface.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm.
Cut Into Bars and Store
- Once firm, cut the dessert into bars.
- Store them in the refrigerator.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I store Maple Nut Goodies?
You can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. They make a perfect make-ahead treat for parties or indulgent snacking.
Can I use different nuts in this recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with your favorite nuts. Pecans, almonds, or walnuts work wonderfully well and add their own distinct flavors and textures.
To experience the joy and nostalgia of Maple Nut Goodies, visit Hook’d Up Bar and Grill. These delightful treats bring sweetness and warmth to your life.