Are you looking for a juicy and easy-to-cook meal that will impress your family? Look no further! In this article, we will explore the delicious world of pork riblets and discover everything you need to know about cooking this delectable dish. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and create unforgettable family moments.
Riblets are the smaller, bone-in strips that come from regular ribs. These succulent morsels are a favorite in Asian cuisine and make for a family-friendly meal that everyone can enjoy. Picture this: tender pieces of meat, bursting with flavor, complemented by a side of rice and other delectable dishes. It’s a feast fit for any occasion!
Health Benefits of Pork Riblets
Not only are pork riblets absolutely delicious, but they also offer several health benefits. Packed with essential vitamins and minerals, they are a nutritious choice for your family. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Iron and Zinc: Riblets are rich in iron and zinc, which are essential for healthy cells and tissues.
- Vitamins B12 and D: Enjoying pork riblets helps boost your calcium levels for strong bones and provides you with an array of vitamins that promote overall well-being.
- Protein Power: Riblets are an excellent source of protein, providing all the essential amino acids your body needs. Protein is vital for maintaining healthy skin and bones.
- Abundance of Selenium: Pork riblets contain selenium, a powerful antioxidant that protects your cells from damage caused by free radicals and supports your overall health.
Let’s Cook Some Riblets!
Now that we know the health benefits of pork riblets, let’s dive into the exciting cooking process. We’ll guide you through a foolproof recipe that guarantees tender and flavorful riblets. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Instant Pot Duo Crisps Plus Air Fryer (8 quarts)
- Rock Sugar: This natural sugar energizes you, freshens your breath, aids digestion, soothes sore throats, improves vision, and increases hemoglobin levels.
- Rice Cooking Wine: Widely used in Asian cuisine, rice cooking wine is rich in amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. It strengthens your immune system and fights free radicals.
- Soy Sauce: A flavorful liquid condiment used for over a thousand years, soy sauce is rich in sodium, carbohydrates, and protein. It can be found in grocery stores worldwide.
- Oyster Sauce: Made from oysters, soy sauce, cornstarch, and caramel, this Asian condiment is packed with protein, calcium, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. It boosts your immune system and enhances brain function.
- Star Anise: A medicinal plant popular in Chinese and Japanese cuisine, star anise helps with respiratory and digestive issues, as well as fungal and bacterial infections.
- Dry Bay Leaves: Bay leaves are known for their immune-boosting properties. They are packed with vitamins, including A, B6, and C, and are beneficial for digestion.
- Prepare the Meat: Separate the pork riblets from each bone.
- Set the Instant Pot: Place the inner pot into the instant pot base and add one-fourth cup of cooking oil. Press the sauté button and set the timer to 30 minutes. Flip the riblets after four minutes, ensuring they’re brown on both sides.
- Add the Spices: Add the rock sugar and mix it with the meat until it melts. Then, pour in the rice-cooking wine, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Finally, place the bay leaves and star anise on top.
- Cook the Pork Riblets: Cover the instant pot with the pressure cooker lid. Press the pressure cooker settings button and set the pressure to H1. Adjust the timer to 28 minutes. Once cooked, release the pressure quickly.
Feel free to season your cooked riblets with more soy sauce and oyster sauce as desired. Serve them with rice and other side dishes for a complete and satisfying meal.
Versatile Cooking Techniques
If you don’t have an instant pot, don’t worry! You can still enjoy mouthwatering riblets using alternative cooking methods. Here are two options for you:
- Place a medium-sized pan on the stovetop and add cooking oil.
- Brown the pork riblets on all sides.
- Add rock sugar and cook on medium to low heat until it melts.
- Pour in the rice-cooking wine, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Place the bay leaves and star anise on top.
- Cover the pan and let it cook on low heat for about an hour until the meat is soft and tender. Add water if needed.
Slow Cooker Method
- Place the meat in a slow cooker and add all the ingredients.
- Cover the pot and set the timer for four hours.
More Recipes You’ll Love
If you enjoyed this recipe for pressure cooker pork riblets, we have more delicious Filipino dishes for you to explore. Try these easy-to-make recipes that are guaranteed to warm your heart:
- Chicken Tocino with Pineapple Juice
- Filipino Garlic Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Beef Mechado
- Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce
- Instant Pot Steam Buns
Experience the joy of creating mouthwatering meals for your loved ones with these exceptional recipes.
Ready to embark on a culinary adventure? Visit Hook’d Up Bar and Grill to explore more delightful recipes and discover new flavors!