Simple and Delicious Gluten-Free Bread Recipe
Do you enjoy the delightful aroma of freshly baked bread drifting through your home? Well, now you can experience that mouthwatering scent with our simple gluten-free bread recipe. Whether you follow a gluten-free diet or not, this bread will surely satisfy your taste buds. Just ask my husband, who can’t get enough of it and requests it every week! Don’t worry if you’re new to bread-making – this recipe is easy to follow and foolproof.
Reliving Childhood Memories
Imagine the frustration of being unable to enjoy breadsticks or freshly baked rolls at a restaurant. It’s no fun being the one politely declining the host’s food at a party. However, over time, I’ve adapted and found ways to indulge in other culinary delights. Yet, every now and then, I long for the comforting taste of warm, homemade bread. The enticing aroma of my mother’s bread as a child was almost as irresistible as her peach cobbler. We couldn’t resist slathering warm slices with butter – pure comfort food.
The Step-by-Step Process for Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread
Follow these straightforward steps to create your own gluten-free sandwich bread:
- Activate the yeast by mixing it with ¼ cup warm water and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Set it aside for 5 minutes until it doubles in size.
- In a heavy-duty mixer, combine warm milk, oil, sugar, and vinegar.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the milk mixture. Blend on low speed.
- Add the activated yeast and blend for a minute. Then add the dry ingredients and mix for 3 minutes until the dough comes together (it should be sticky).
- Pour the dough into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan. Smooth the top with oiled fingers.
- Loosely cover the pan with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 30 minutes in a warm place. It should rise just above the top of the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the bread for 1 to 1 hour 10 minutes. To check if it’s done, flip the loaf in your hand (use a towel, it’ll be hot) – it should easily come out. Tap the bottom and sides of the loaf, and it should sound hollow.
- Place the loaf on a rack and let it cool completely.
My Personal Journey with Gluten-Free Living
It’s ironic that I adopted a gluten-free lifestyle at the age of 22, considering I used to be a complete carb enthusiast. French toast, pancakes, pizza, garlic bread, bagels, pasta – you name it, I loved it. I vividly remember strolling through the streets of Paris with a baguette in hand. But then everything changed. I fell seriously ill, visited countless doctors, and underwent numerous tests. Instead of relying solely on medication, I decided to explore the nutritional route. Back then, “gluten-free” wasn’t a popular term, and finding a good gluten-free bread recipe was a challenge. I thought my diet would only consist of salads. Luckily, times have changed, and now we have access to a variety of delicious gluten-free options.
The Importance of Quality Yeast
One vital aspect of this recipe is ensuring you have fresh yeast. Since yeast is a living organism, it’s crucial to check the expiration date and activate it properly. If the yeast doesn’t bubble and expand when combined with warm water, it’s no longer viable. In that case, you can try activating it again or head to the store for a fresh batch.
No-Knead Bread: Effortless and Stress-Free
One of the main reasons people shy away from making their own bread is the perceived complexity and the need for a bread machine or hours of kneading by hand. However, our recipe eliminates those concerns. You only need a heavy-duty mixer – no kneading required! The process couldn’t be simpler: mix the dough, let it rise for thirty minutes, and then bake it to perfection.
The Finest Gluten-Free Bread Recipe
Prepare to be amazed by the taste and texture of this gluten-free bread. It boasts a crispy crust on the outside and a soft, fluffy interior. Perfect for sandwiches, toasting, or as a side for any meal, this bread is a true delight. Serve it warm with butter and jam to a gluten-loving friend, and watch their disbelief when you reveal that it’s gluten-free. Yes, it’s that good!
Essential Tips for Baking this Bread
Here are some tips to ensure success with your gluten-free sandwich bread:
- For a dairy-free version, use plant-based milk such as soy or almond milk.
- Preheat your oven before baking the bread.
- Allow the bread to cool to room temperature before slicing.
- Store the bread wrapped on the counter for up to 3 days, then refrigerate for longer freshness.
- Note: This recipe also works well with Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Flour.
Explore More Gluten-Free Baking Recipes
If you’re a fan of gluten-free baking, don’t miss out on these other delightful recipes:
- Gluten-Free Boozy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Gluten-Free Carrot Coconut Bundt Cake
- Gluten-Free Lemon Lavender Poppy Seed Bread
- Gluten-Free Maple Spiced Donuts with Pumpkin Butter Glaze