Are you in the mood for a hearty and wholesome soup that you can whip up quickly? Look no further than our delectable Minestrone Soup recipe inspired by the renowned Carrabba’s restaurant. This simple-to-follow recipe is ideal for a speedy lunch or dinner and will satisfy your taste buds guilt-free. And the best part? It tastes even better the next day!
Why You’ll Adore This Recipe
- ✔️ Mouthwatering and packed with essential nutrients
- ✔️ Low-calorie and guilt-free
- ✔️ Perfect for lunch or dinner
- ✔️ Enhanced flavor on the second day
To create this tantalizing soup, you’ll need:
- Red and green bell pepper
- Kale or spinach
- Garlic cloves
- Canned kidney beans, garbanzo beans, or white beans
- Fire-roasted tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Vegetable broth
- Italian seasoning
- Salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
For precise measurements of each ingredient, refer to the printable recipe card at the end of this article.
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, sauté the zucchini, onions, peppers, and garlic until they start to soften.
- Add the beans, kale, and spices, and continue sautéing for a couple more minutes.
- Next, add the stock, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and 2 cups of water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and loosely cover the pot.
- Simmer on the stove for approximately an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if desired.
If you prefer, you can also prepare this soup in a slow cooker. Simply add all the ingredients, cover, and simmer on low for four hours.
To make this Minestrone Soup recipe, you’ll need the following equipment:
Frequently Asked Questions
Tips for the Best Minestrone Soup
- This soup tastes even more exquisite the following day, making it perfect for preparing in advance.
- Enhance the soup’s flavor by adding a bay leaf while it simmers on the stove.
- Get creative with additional fresh vegetables such as potatoes, celery, green beans, or eggplant.
- For an extra burst of flavor, drop a Romano or Parmesan rind into the soup while it cooks.
- Top your Minestrone Soup with freshly grated Romano cheese for a delightful cheesy touch.
- If you’re craving a heartier version, add some browned Italian sausage to the mix.
- Refrigerate: Allow the soup to cool completely, then store it in an airtight container for up to four days.
- Freeze: This soup freezes well for up to three months.
- Reheat: Thaw the soup overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Roasted Tomato Vegetable Soup: Give this recipe a try for another mouthwatering and wholesome soup option. It’s absolutely fantastic!
- Lentil Soup Recipe: Craving a flavorful and satisfying soup? Look no further than our incredible Lentil Soup recipe.
For more expert tips and tricks on making soups, be sure to check out our free resource: Homemade Soup; A Complete Guide. We’ve compiled all our knowledge to help you create the most exceptional soups and stews at home.
Complete your Minestrone Soup experience by serving it with:
- Skillet cornbread or warm bread for a comforting meal
- A refreshing and crisp Caesar Salad for a delightful accompaniment
- A hearty chop salad for an extra dose of vegetables
Don’t forget to explore our Amazon storefront for some of our favorite products that will take your cooking skills to the next level!
If you give this recipe a try, we would love to hear your feedback! Leave us a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating and let us know how it turned out. Happy cooking!