Bring the vibrant tastes of Mexico to your kitchen with these mouthwatering pork chop recipes.
Are you ready to take your pork chops to the next level? This easy seasoning will transport your taste buds to the Yucatan region of Mexico, where pork dishes are a beloved staple. And the best part? You don’t even have to leave your house to enjoy these exciting new flavors. So, let’s dive right in!
An Easy Seasoning for Pork Chops
Pork chops are a versatile cut of meat that’s both convenient and delicious. With just a few minutes on the grill, you can create a mouthwatering meal that’s sure to satisfy. Plus, pork chops are relatively lean, making them an excellent choice for experimenting with new flavors and cuisines at home.
One of the great things about pork chops is how well they absorb the flavors of rubs and marinades. They act as a blank canvas, allowing you to create a dish that suits your taste perfectly. And this easy seasoning is no exception!
Achieving the Perfect Temperature
Cooking pork to the correct temperature is crucial. Investing in a digital meat thermometer makes it much easier to achieve the desired results. Simply insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the pork chop, ensuring it doesn’t touch the bone. When the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF, it’s perfectly cooked and ready to indulge in.
If you don’t have a thermometer on hand, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered! The cooking time provided in the recipe below is suitable for ¾-inch-thick pork chops, but keep in mind that thickness may vary.
How to Cook Seasoned Pork Chops
- Pat dry the pork chops with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Place them in a large glass dish.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, black pepper, cumin, onion and garlic powders, and Mexican oregano. Gently crumble the oregano with your fingers before adding it to the mixture.
- Add lime juice to the bowl and stir well. Pour the mixture over the pork chops, ensuring they are well coated. Set them aside while you prepare the grill or grilling pan.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stove-top grilling pan over medium-high heat for about 1-2 minutes. Once hot, place the pork chops in the pan and cook for 6 minutes. Flip the pork chops and continue cooking. Cook for an additional 4 minutes if you prefer a slight pink color or 6 minutes for well-cooked meat. Once cooked to an internal temperature of 145ºF, serve the pork chops immediately to prevent overcooking.
Pair your seasoned pork chops with a side of beans, rice, and a fresh salsa for a complete Mexican-inspired feast. The explosion of flavors will transport you to the sunny beaches of Mexico, even if you’re just enjoying them in your own backyard.
Tips for Extra Flavors
- Marinate the pork chops in the spice mix for a couple of hours in the fridge for enhanced flavors.
- This versatile seasoning can be used with other cuts of pork, providing a delicious twist to your favorite dishes.
- If you can find bitter orange (Seville orange), substitute 2 tablespoons of its juice for lime juice. This adds a hint of sweetness to complement the spices.
More Pork-tastic Recipes to Explore
Ready for more pork-inspired culinary adventures? Check out these delectable recipes that will satisfy your cravings for authentic Mexican flavors:
- Pork in Chile Colorado
- Pork in Salsa Verde
- Al Pastor Tacos
- Pork Carnitas
- Pork Pibil Style
With these recipes in your arsenal, you can bring the vibrant and delicious tastes of Mexico right into your own kitchen. So, fire up the grill, grab your spices, and get ready to embark on a culinary journey you won’t forget!
To view the recipe, please visit Hook’d Up Bar and Grill.