Are you looking for a keto-friendly snack that is easy to make and full of flavor? Look no further than these delicious Keto Deviled Eggs! Made with only three ingredients, these deviled eggs are not only low in carbs but also customizable to suit your taste buds. Whether you’re following a Whole30, Paleo, gluten-free, or dairy-free diet, these deviled eggs will surely satisfy your cravings.
The Perfect Snack for Any Occasion
These Keto Deviled Eggs are incredibly easy to make and can be enjoyed as an appetizer or a party snack. They’re also great for any time of the year, not just Easter! These high-protein treats are a favorite among many and are guaranteed to be a hit at your next gathering.
Tips for Perfect Deviled Eggs
To ensure that your deviled eggs turn out perfectly every time, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Use slightly older eggs for hard-boiling as they are easier to peel.
- If possible, opt for pastured eggs for brighter yolks and a more pleasing appearance.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative with your toppings. From bacon to avocados, there are countless options to enhance the flavor and presentation of your deviled eggs.
The Nutritional Profile
Each serving of these Keto Deviled Eggs (4 stuffed egg halves) provides approximately 241 calories, 2 grams of net carbs, and 12.1 grams of protein. One filled egg half contains about 60 calories, 0.5 grams of net carbs, and 3 grams of protein. With such a low carb count, these deviled eggs are a guilt-free option for anyone following a keto or low-carb diet.
The Benefits of Keto Deviled Eggs
There are several reasons why you should consider adding these deviled eggs to your diet:
- Portion control: Deviled eggs naturally come with built-in portion control, making it easy to adjust the recipe according to your needs.
- Protein-packed: These eggs provide a substantial amount of high-quality protein, thanks to the mayo used in the recipe.
- Nutrient-rich: Deviled eggs are a good source of essential vitamins, including vitamin A, which supports a healthy immune system, skin, and eyes.
- Choline boost: Eggs are one of the best dietary sources of choline, a nutrient crucial for brain and nervous system health.
- Visual health support: Lutein and zeaxanthin, found in eggs, contribute to maintaining healthy vision.
- Fits various diets: These deviled eggs are suitable for a wide range of dietary needs, including low carb, keto, Paleo, gluten-free, vegetarian, dairy-free, soy-free, and added sugar-free.
The best part? Despite being free from many types of ingredients, these deviled eggs are bursting with flavor that will leave you wanting more.
Ingredients and Preparation
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious deviled eggs:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Primal Kitchen chipotle lime mayo
- Finely chopped chives
- Hot paprika for sprinkling on top (optional)
The basic formula for these eggs is simple: eggs + flavored mayo + herbs. While chipotle lime mayo is recommended for its incredible taste, you can experiment with other flavors using Primal Kitchen garlic aioli mayo or even make your own from scratch. Whichever option you choose, be sure to use high-quality mayo for the best flavor.
Making these deviled eggs requires minimal kitchen equipment. You’ll need a knife to cut the eggs in half, a fork to mash the yolks, and a spoon or piping set to fill the egg whites. To add a finishing touch, a dusting wand can be used to sprinkle hot or smoked paprika on top, but it’s entirely optional.
Cooking Time: How Long to Boil Eggs
For a firm yolk, it’s best to boil the eggs for 9-10 minutes. This ensures that the yolks are fully cooked without any gray rings. While some prefer to steam the eggs instead of boiling, both methods yield excellent results. So feel free to choose the method that suits you best.
How to Make Keto Deviled Eggs
Making deviled eggs is a breeze, even for beginners. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you:
- After hard boiling the eggs, allow them to cool and then peel and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Carefully remove the yolks and transfer them to a small bowl.
- Mash the yolks thoroughly using a fork.
- Add the mayo and chopped chives to the mashed yolks, stirring until well-combined.
- Spoon or pipe the yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
- For an extra touch, sprinkle hot or smoked paprika on top.
Tantalizing Toppings for Deviled Eggs
While the classic deviled eggs are delicious on their own, there are endless possibilities when it comes to toppings. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Fresh avocado slices
- Chopped olives
- Chopped tomatoes
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Roasted red peppers
- Pickled jalapeno slices
- Radish slices
- Old Bay seasoning
- Smoked salmon
- Diced ham
- Salami or Prosciutto
- Buffalo sauce and blue cheese
- Chili sauce
- Chopped pickles
- Microgreens or sprouts
Feel free to experiment and find your favorite combination of flavors and textures.
While these deviled eggs can be enjoyed on their own, they can also be incorporated into various meals. Here are a few suggestions:
- Add them to salads for an extra burst of flavor and protein.
- Pair them with Gluten-Free Avocado Toast for a delicious and satisfying breakfast.
- Include them in a Butcher Block Dinner alongside your favorite low-carb crackers.
Expert Tips for Weight Management
For those looking to manage their weight, it’s important to remember that deviled eggs can fit into a balanced diet. However, since each filled egg half contains approximately 60 calories, it’s easy to have more than one. If you find high-fat foods less satiating, consider substituting non-fat plain Greek yogurt for some of the mayo. Another option is to use a blend of mayo and non-fat Greek yogurt, flavored with garlic powder and chipotle in adobo. This compromise allows you to retain the creaminess and richness of the mayo while reducing the overall calorie count.
FAQs and More Keto Egg Recipes
If you’re in search of more easy keto recipes featuring eggs, be sure to check out these mouthwatering options:
- Keto Crustless Quiche
- Cloud Bread with Greek Yogurt
- Cauliflower Hash Brown Egg Cups with Cheese
- Low Carb Frittata
To stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest recipes, don’t forget to subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter.
A Final Note
Remember, all recipes on this website may or may not be suitable for you, depending on your individual needs. It’s always a good idea to consult with a registered dietitian or physician to determine the dietary pattern that works best for you.
For those following a ketogenic diet for medical purposes, please note that this recipe may not align with your specific requirements.
While the nutritional information provided is an estimate, it’s important to consider that the actual values may vary depending on the specific brands and ingredients used. Calorie information on food labels can often be inaccurate, so don’t fret too much about the numbers.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to get cooking! Enjoy these revamped Keto Deviled Eggs, and be sure to share your thoughts in the comments below.