Are you a fan of queso dip but worried about its compatibility with your keto or low carb diet? Look no further! We have the best keto queso recipe that will satisfy your cravings without compromising your dietary goals. Unlike traditional queso dips that contain high-carb ingredients like milk or thickeners, our recipe is simple, easy to make, and perfectly suits your low carb lifestyle.
How to Create the Perfect Keto Queso Dip
Queso dip is a crowd-pleaser, and we’ve created a keto-friendly version that you’re bound to enjoy. This homemade queso dip is not only flavorful but also incredibly easy to make. Whether you serve it alongside baked chicken fajitas, pour it over taco meat, hamburgers, or use it as a dip for deli meat or pork rinds, this is the best keto queso recipe for your low carb diet.
The Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Butter – adds essential fat to the dip
- White cheddar & Monterrey Jack cheese – a combination that provides fantastic flavor
- Heavy whipping cream – we use this keto-friendly alternative to regular milk
- Water – helps to achieve the desired consistency
- Green chilis – for an incredibly flavorful kick
- Garlic cloves – because garlic makes everything better
- Chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and cilantro – don’t be shy with the spices; they enhance the overall taste
- In a double boiler, combine butter, heavy whipping cream, spices (leaving out a tablespoon of cilantro for sprinkling on top of the queso dip before serving), and water. Bring to a slow boil and then reduce the heat to low. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a large bowl on top of a pot. Make sure there’s enough water in the pot to create steam but not so much that it touches the bottom of the bowl. The steam will slowly melt the cheese for the best results.
- Slowly add the cheese one handful at a time, stirring with a whisk after each addition. Continue adding cheese while stirring continuously until all the cheese is incorporated. Using a whisk helps to achieve a smooth and creamy texture. Next, add the drained green chilis to the keto queso and stir well to combine.
- Once the cheese has melted completely, sprinkle a little cilantro on top. Feel free to omit it if you’re not a fan. Serve the queso dip with pork rinds or chopped bell peppers. It’s delicious either way. For parties or gatherings, you can also keep the dip warm by transferring it into a small crockpot.
Tips for Making the Best Queso Dip:
- Shred or grate your cheese from a block instead of using pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese often contains fillers and doesn’t melt as easily as a block of cheese. To make grating easier, put the cheese block in the freezer for a while before use.
- Bring the grated cheese to room temperature before melting.
- If you prefer a smoother texture, add a splash of lemon juice.
- Avoid boiling the cheese. Boiling will cause it to clump and become lumpy. Once the cheese has melted, remove it from the heat.
- Add the cheese slowly over low heat and stir gently to ensure a smooth consistency.
Creative Ways to Enjoy Low Carb Queso
There are countless ways to enjoy this delicious low carb queso keto dip. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Use veggies like sliced bell peppers or celery sticks as dippers.
- Drizzle the queso dip over your salad or lettuce wraps for an added burst of flavor.
- Pour it over cooked meat or use it as a side dipping option.
Nutritional Information for the Keto Queso Recipe
Our keto queso dip contains approximately 1 net carb per serving. We use a professional WordPress plugin to calculate the nutritional information based on the ingredients used in the recipe. If you want to calculate the nutritional values of your own recipes, check out our list of the best apps for keto macros.
More Keto Recipes to Try
If you loved this queso recipe, you’ll enjoy exploring our Keto Recipe Index, where you’ll find an array of amazing recipes for dips, meals, soups, and desserts. Here are a few of our favorite keto-friendly appetizers to try:
- Low Carb Sausage & Cheese Dip
- Keto Chicken Wings
- Bacon-Wrapped Cheese Sticks
- Fried Chicken Bites
More Keto Mexican Recipes
If you have a hankering for Mexican flavors, we have you covered with these low carb keto Mexican recipes:
- Low Carb Chicken Fajita Soup
- Keto Taco Salad
- Keto Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Cheesy Keto Nachos with Bell Peppers
- Mexican Taco Casserole (Low Carb)
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- Keto Queso Easy Taco Soup
- Easy Keto Taco Cups
- Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice
So why wait? Try our mouthwatering keto queso dip recipe today and indulge in the flavors you love without derailing your low carb journey. For more great recipes and information, visit Hook’d Up Bar and Grill.