Craving fries but hesitant to stray from your low carb diet? Look no further than these irresistible Keto Jicama Fries! With their crisp-tender texture and delectable garlic parmesan sauce, they’re bound to satisfy your cravings without compromising your goals. Prepare to fall head over heels for this low carb treat!
Let’s face it: fries have always been my weakness. No matter how diligently I followed any diet, those crispy temptations had a way of derailing me every time. However, what if I told you there’s a way to indulge in delicious fries while staying true to your low carb lifestyle?
Introducing the Keto Jicama Fries – a guilt-free twist on the classic fries you adore, tailored perfectly for your keto journey.
Baking or Air Frying: The Choice is Yours
Ingredients for Making Baked or Air Fryer Keto Jicama Fries:
- Jicama – You can either peel and cut a whole jicama yourself or find pre-cut jicama sticks at specialty shops like Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s.
- Oil – Choose any keto-friendly high heat oil for a fantastic result. Personally, I prefer the rich flavors of avocado oil.
Optional Sauce Ingredients:
- Butter – I used salted butter and adjusted the seasonings to my liking. Feel free to use your preferred type.
- Garlic – Freshly minced garlic brings the best flavor, but in a pinch, garlic powder will suffice.
- Rosemary – I used dried rosemary, but fresh rosemary would be delightful as well. For optimal taste, finely chop approximately 1 ½ tablespoons.
- Salt and Pepper – Opt for fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper for a burst of savory goodness.
- Parmesan Cheese – Use either freshly grated or refrigerated pre-grated parmesan cheese. I do not recommend the shelf-stable variety.
- Parsley – While optional, adding some parsley enhances the taste and gives your dish an attractive touch.
- Maldon Sea Salt – For salt lovers like myself, flaky and smoked Maldon sea salt takes the experience to another level. If you don’t have it, don’t worry, as it’s not essential.
Frequently Asked Questions
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
- Sharp Knife, Food Processor, or Mandolin Slicer
- Large Pot
- Mixing Bowl
- Sheet Pan or Air Fryer
- Vegetable Peeler
Crispy Goodness in a Few Simple Steps
To make these delectable Keto Jicama Fries, start by peeling the jicama and cutting it into ¼” thick fries. Next, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the jicama for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry using paper towels.
Toss the jicama sticks with your preferred oil in a bowl, ensuring they are evenly coated.
Air Fryer Method
For those using an air fryer, preheat it to 400 degrees. Arrange the jicama in a single layer and lightly spray with oil. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes until the jicama reaches the desired tenderness.
If you prefer baking, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the jicama in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spray with oil. Cook for 30 minutes, then flip the fries and continue baking for an additional 10 to 20 minutes to achieve the perfect crispiness.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cook for approximately 1 minute, allowing the flavors to meld together.
Toss the jicama fries with the garlic butter sauce, and if desired, garnish with parmesan, parsley, and a sprinkle of Maldon sea salt. Pair them with a small bowl of ketchup for dipping, and you’re ready to revel in the satisfying flavors of these crispy delights.
More Keto Delights Await
If you enjoyed these Keto Jicama Fries, you’ll love these other low carb recipes:
- Keto Chicken Fried Steak
- Keto Fried Pickles
- Asparagus Fries
- Fried Pickles
Ready to embark on your keto journey? Get your free Keto Quick Start Guide today! Hook yourself up with more keto-friendly recipes and tips at Hook’d Up Bar and Grill.