The Perfect Honey Mustard Pork Chops Recipe
Are you looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love? Look no further than this Instant Pot Pork Chops and Potatoes recipe from Hook’d Up Bar and Grill! In just under 30 minutes, you can have juicy boneless pork chops smothered in a sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce, along with perfectly cooked potatoes. It’s a complete meal made with pantry staples that will leave you wanting more!
Why Choose Instant Pot Pork Chops?
Say goodbye to dry and overcooked pork chops and mushy potatoes forever! With this Instant Pot recipe, you’ll achieve tender and flavorful pork chops every time. The secret is in briefly searing the boneless pork chops to lock in moisture and enhance their taste. And the best part? You can have this mouthwatering meal on the table in just 30 minutes. Prepare to be amazed!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious dish. For the precise measurements, check out the complete recipe at Hook’d Up Bar and Grill:
- Pork Chops: Boneless or bone-in, it’s up to you. If using bone-in chops, adjust the cook time accordingly.
- Potatoes: Baby gold potatoes are recommended, but feel free to use Yukon gold or yellow potatoes.
- Pork Chops Seasoning: Sweet paprika, ground black pepper, salt (to taste), and optionally cayenne pepper for some heat.
- Aromatics: Shallots and minced garlic for added flavor. Substitute with yellow onion or use onion powder instead. For garlic, you can also use garlic powder.
- Honey Mustard Sauce: Honey, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, sweet paprika, thyme, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional for a bit of spice).
- Cooking fat: Butter and olive oil (extra light or light).
- Lemon Juice: Acts as a meat tenderizer in this recipe.
Best Tips for Perfectly Cooked Pork Chops and Potatoes
To ensure your meal turns out amazing, here are some helpful tips:
- Sear the pork chops briefly to prevent them from drying out. This will lock in the juices and keep the chops tender and juicy. Avoid over-searing to avoid dryness.
- Customize the honey mustard sauce to your liking. Add cayenne pepper for extra spiciness or adjust the sauce’s consistency by simmering it after pressure cooking.
- Sweet paprika is essential for the recipe, while smoked paprika should be avoided. Adjust the amount of paprika to achieve your desired sauce color and flavor.
- If using bone-in pork chops, increase the cook time by 2 minutes and follow the same recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Pork Chops and Potatoes?
For a detailed step-by-step recipe with measurements and a video, head over to Hook’d Up Bar and Grill. Here’s a brief overview:
- Season the pork chops with lemon or lime juice, seasoning, and rub well. Set them aside.
- Briefly sear the pork chops in butter and olive oil until golden. Set them aside.
- Deglaze the pot to prevent any burn error.
- Make the honey mustard sauce by whisking together Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, honey, and seasonings.
- Layer the potatoes, shallots, garlic, and honey mustard sauce in the Instant Pot.
- Place the seared pork chops on top and pressure cook for 5 minutes on high pressure.
- Optionally, simmer the sauce after pressure cooking to thicken it.
- Serve the pork chops and potatoes together, and enjoy!
What Sides Go Well with Pork Chops?
While this recipe is a complete meal on its own, you can serve it with additional sides to make it a wholesome dinner. Here are some suggestions:
- Instant Pot steamed carrots.
- Instant Pot steamed broccoli.
- Instant Pot green beans without a steamer basket.
- Instant Pot beets.
- A light crisp salad.
- A crusty bread like sourdough or French baguette – perfect for soaking up that delicious honey mustard sauce!
Storing and Reheating Tips
You can store any leftovers of this Instant Pot Pork Chops and Potatoes recipe in the fridge for up to five days. Use airtight containers to maintain freshness.
When reheating, you have two options:
- Microwave oven: Reheat the dish in the microwave until warm or hot, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stove-top: Reheat in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often until warm or hot. Add a few teaspoons of water to adjust the consistency of the honey mustard sauce.
More Mouthwatering One-Pot Dinners
If you enjoyed this Instant Pot recipe, you’ll love these other one-pot dinners:
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and White Rice.
- Instant Pot Cajun Chicken and Rice.
- Instant Pot Sausage and Rice.
- Easy Instant Pot Jambalaya.
Try this Instant Pot Pork Chops and Potatoes Recipe Today!
We hope you’re excited to try this delicious recipe from Hook’d Up Bar and Grill. If you give it a shot, we’d love to hear your feedback! Leave a comment and rating below. For more mouthwatering recipes, check out our website or subscribe to our free newsletter for weekly updates! Don’t miss out on a single tasty creation!
Instant pot boneless pork chops