At Hook’d Up Bar and Grill, we offer a wide selection of delicious seafood dishes. As you browse our menu, you may notice the term “market price” next to certain items. This can sometimes cause confusion, as customers often associate it with high prices. But what does market price really mean for wholesale seafood? Let’s dive in and explore.
The Meaning of Market Price
Restaurants like Hook’d Up Bar and Grill use market pricing to highlight the exclusivity and freshness of our seafood offerings. It’s a way to communicate that the price of our dishes is determined by various factors such as the size of the catch, the season, and more. By using market pricing, we aim to provide transparency and avoid any sticker shock.
How Does Market Pricing Work?
When you see the market price on our menu, it signifies that the cost of the dish is influenced by the current market price of the ingredients. This pricing strategy is commonly used for seafood like oysters, scallops, lobster, and crab. It ensures that our customers get the freshest seafood available, as we rely on reputable wholesale suppliers to provide us with the finest catch of the day.
Factors Affecting Seafood Prices
Seafood prices can fluctuate due to various factors. The amount of catch, the species, and the location where the fish is sourced from all play a role. For example, if there is an abundance of a certain seafood item, such as crab, the price will likely decrease. Conversely, if the catch is limited, the price will rise. Demand also plays a crucial role, as high-demand products tend to command higher prices.
Understanding Seafood Wholesale Price List
To give you an idea of the market prices for seafood, here are some updates from our trusted suppliers:
- Domestic Shrimp (Whites and Browns): Pricing has stabilized.
- Domestic PUDs: Vendors report steady pricing.
- Imported Shrimp (Black Tigers and Whites): Table pricing is improving, and inventory is expected to increase.
- Mexican Browns and Whites: Reports indicate limited inventory and firmer prices.
- Domestic Catfish: Labor issues have made production challenging, resulting in steady prices.
- Imported Catfish: Slightly higher pricing is being observed.
- Atlantic Farmed Salmon: Frozen portions show stable prices, while fresh fillets and whole fish are priced higher. This trend is expected to continue through Valentine’s Day.
- Pricing for Mahi-Mahi has increased significantly in January. Production is in full force in South America, but there are some declines. Analysts foresee a good opportunity for Mahi-Mahi in the first quarter.
- Sea Scallops: Frozen sea scallops maintain stable prices, but tight supply is expected to firm up prices in the first quarter. Fresh scallops are on the rise in all sizes.
- Bay Scallops: Prices are steadily moving.
These are just a few examples of the market prices for seafood. Prices can vary based on the location and availability of specific seafood items.
Hook’d Up Bar and Grill’s Commitment to Quality and Competitive Pricing
At Hook’d Up Bar and Grill, we understand the importance of offering high-quality seafood at competitive prices. That’s why we source our seafood from Fisherman’s Market, a renowned wholesale seafood market located in New Bedford, Massachusetts. They provide us with the finest quality seafood at prices that allow us to deliver exceptional value to our customers.
Check out some of our recent market prices for selected seafood items:
- 10/20 Dry Sea Scallops: Special price of $20.99 per pound
- Tuna – Grill Grade: $10.99 per pound
- Canadian Salmon Fillet: $11.49 per pound
- Frozen Norwegian Salmon: $5.77 per pound
- Fresh Monkfish Fillet: $7.99 per pound
- Frozen Octopus: $5.99 per pound
- Firm Shell Lobster: $8.99 per pound
- Live Jonah Crab: $2.99 per pound
- Frozen Snow Crab Clusters: $28.99 per pound
- 6-8 Jumbo Shrimp Raw: $16.99 per pound
- 31/40 PUD Raw All-Natural Shrimp: $6.99 per pound
- Oysters: $1.00 each
Please note that these prices are subject to change based on market conditions and availability.
At Hook’d Up Bar and Grill, we are dedicated to providing our customers with the freshest and most delicious seafood at fair prices. Visit our website Hook’d Up Bar and Grill to explore our full menu and experience the flavors of the ocean.