Elevate Your Dishes with the Perfect Dipping Sauce
The Honey Gold Wing Sauce is a tangy, sweet, and spicy delight that adds a burst of flavor to any dish. Whether you’re looking for a dipping sauce or a way to enhance your chicken, pork, or side dishes like mashed potatoes, this sauce is the ideal choice.
The Household Favorite
Honey Gold Wing Sauce has become a beloved staple in our home. It’s a unanimous hit among my children and husband, offering a taste that everyone loves. Delightfully sweet, thanks to the inclusion of honey, it strikes the perfect balance with just a hint of hot sauce that never overpowers.
And the best part? This amazing recipe takes just 5 minutes to prepare!
Elevate Your Appetizer Table
Whenever we’re hosting an apéro, I like to whip up a batch of Honey Gold Wing Sauce. It’s a unique way to elevate our appetizer table and impress our guests. We typically enjoy it as a dip for carrot or cucumber sticks, creating a refreshing and tangy combination.
What Is Honey Gold Sauce?
The name says it all: Honey Gold Sauce is a rich, barbecue-like sauce with flavors reminiscent of the famous honey gold chicken wings found in Memphis restaurants.
The Ingredients That Make It Delicious
To create this delectable sauce, we blend together butter, hot sauce, spices, soy sauce, and, of course, honey. The result is a thick, sweet, and savory sauce that tantalizes your taste buds.
Pour this irresistible sauce over your chicken wings or use it as a dip. You can also pair it with crispy Wingstop french fries or add some zing to your coleslaw KFC or creamy Ina’s potato salad.
How to Make Honey Gold Sauce
- Begin by melting the butter in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Once the butter is completely melted, stir in the hot sauce.
- Next, add the honey, soy sauce, chili or paprika powder, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Feel free to adjust the salt to your taste.
Stir until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined, creating a smooth mixture. The sauce should start to boil.
Allow the sauce to cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens. Be careful not to let it stick to the saucepan.
- Mix the sauce with your chicken wings and serve while it’s still hot.
Pro Tips for the Perfect Honey Gold Sauce
- Keep your butter cold until you’re ready to begin preparing your sauce. This helps with emulsification, which is crucial for achieving the desired consistency.
- Melt the butter on low to medium heat to avoid it becoming too thin. You want the butter to thin as the sauce cooks, as it plays a role in keeping all the ingredients combined and sticking to the chicken wings.
- When baking the chicken wings, brush them with oil or melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Bake until crispy and golden brown.
- Feel free to experiment with additional ingredients. Crushed red pepper, red chili flakes, or extra hot sauce can add more texture and taste. For a rich caramel flavor, consider adding brown sugar.
- To extend the sauce’s shelf life, you can add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar as a natural preservative. Note that this may give the sauce a slightly tangy taste. However, since this recipe stays fresh for a long time, you won’t need to add extra white wine vinegar.
Storing Your Honey Gold Sauce
- In the Fridge: Butter-based sauces can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 months, while cooked wings are safe to store for 3-4 days.
- In the Freezer: You can also freeze the Memphis honey gold sauce for up to 1 to 2 years, while the honey gold wings will stay safe for 3 months.
Next on Your Culinary Journey
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might want to try Mcdonald’s sweet and sour sauce. It’s another crowd-pleaser that adds a tangy kick to your favorite dishes.
Share Your Thoughts
I would love to hear your feedback! Leave a comment and a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐