This mouthwatering Honey Glazed Air Fryer Salmon is a delectable dish featuring tender, juicy salmon coated in a luscious honey sauce. With minimal effort, you can whip up this recipe in under 30 minutes using your air fryer. It’s the perfect choice for a healthy and quick weeknight dinner, especially if you’re a fan of meal prepping.
If you’re a seafood enthusiast, you’re sure to fall in love with this irresistible Air Fryer Salmon recipe! It’s incredibly simple to make, requiring only a handful of basic ingredients. The marinade infuses the fish with flavor, while the honey glaze gives it a delightful golden crust. This dish is perfect for those nights when you crave a fast and nutritious meal.
To turn this salmon recipe into a complete meal, consider serving it alongside options like roasted garlic cauliflower or perfectly cooked white rice.
Why You’ll Adore This Recipe
- Effortless and Speedy: Cooking in an air fryer is a breeze and requires minimal cleanup. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a delicious meal without the hassle.
- Healthful: Packed with omega 3’s, protein, and vitamins, salmon is not only delicious but also a nutritious low-carb dinner choice.
- Irresistible Sauce: The glaze is sticky, sweet, and boasts a hint of spicy kick from chili flakes. It’s an addictively tasty coating that perfectly complements the salmon.
- Salmon fillets
- Low-sodium soy sauce or coconut amino
- Sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- Sesame seeds
- Crushed chili flakes
How to Make This Air Fryer Salmon Recipe: Step by Step
- Prepare the marinade. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Marinate the salmon. Pour the marinade over the salmon fillets and gently rub it into the fish. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer. Meanwhile, preheat your air fryer to 425°F (220°C).
- Cook the salmon. Place the fillets, skin side down, in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400°F (200°C) for 8 minutes.
- Brush on the sauce. Lightly brush the fillets with honey, then sprinkle them with sesame seeds and chili flakes. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Pair this delightful honey glazed salmon recipe with your favorite side dish, such as rice, and savor every bite.
Frequently Asked Questions and Tips
- Salmon: Opt for fresh, high-quality salmon.
- Sesame oil: While other oils like olive oil, grape seed oil, or avocado oil work too, sesame oil imparts a unique depth of flavor.
- Honey: If necessary, you can substitute maple syrup for honey.
- Chili flakes: These add a gentle spiciness that balances the sweetness of the honey, but feel free to omit them if desired.
- Uniform-sized fillets: Using fillets of the same size ensures even cooking.
- Avoid overcrowding: If the salmon overlaps or touches, it won’t crisp up properly. Cook in two batches if required.
- Avoid overcooking: Cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the fillets and your specific air fryer model. Check for doneness by using a fork—the salmon should be opaque and flake easily.
Why Choose an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is an excellent tool for cooking salmon because it’s quick, convenient, and easy to clean. It also offers a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods, requiring minimal hands-on involvement.
What Temperature Should Salmon Be Cooked to?
The FDA recommends cooking salmon to an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). To measure this, insert a food thermometer into the thickest part of the salmon fillet, ensuring it reads at least 140-145°F (60-63°C).
How Long Does This Dish Stay Fresh?
Ideally, cook fresh fish within 1-2 days of purchase. Once cooked, store the salmon in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can reheat it later or add it to salads and quinoa bowls for quick and delightful lunches.
Perfect Complements for Air Fryer Salmon
- For a low-carb option, serve it with Cauliflower Rice.
- Pair it with delicious veggies like Cheesy Cauliflower Bake or Baked Zucchini Fries.
- Explore potato-based choices such as Hasselback Potatoes or Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
- It also pairs well with salads such as a Cucumber Tomato Salad or Black Bean Tabbouleh Salad.
Can Salmon Be Frozen?
Absolutely! Allow the salmon to cool completely, then store it in an airtight container or wrap it in tin foil. It’ll keep in the freezer for up to three months. When you’re ready to feast, thaw it overnight in the fridge and reheat until warmed through.
Other Salmon Recipes to Try
- Baked Honey Mustard Salmon
- Creamy Tuscan Salmon
- Salmon Tacos with Corn Salsa
- Crispy Baked Salmon
- Creamy Coconut Lime Salmon
- Lemon Dill Salmon Pasta Salad
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave us your feedback in the comment section below. Don’t forget to rate it! We’d be delighted if you shared it with your friends and family.
Finally, join us on social media and share your creations using our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on Instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Hook’d Up Bar and Grill on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all our latest blog posts and recipes.