If you’re looking for a simple yet incredibly delicious way to enjoy pork chops, you’ve come to the right place. This honey garlic pork chop recipe will take your taste buds on a journey to flavor town. With just a few ingredients and minimal effort, you can create juicy pork chops smothered in a mouthwatering honey garlic sauce that will please even the pickiest eaters.
A Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinner
We all have those busy nights when we crave a home-cooked meal but don’t have the time or energy to spend hours slaving away in the kitchen. That’s where this honey garlic pork chop recipe comes in. It’s the perfect solution for those busy weeknights or lazy Sunday afternoons when you want something delicious without too much effort.
Asian-Inspired Flavors Made Easy
This recipe effortlessly combines Asian flavors with minimal ingredients. The sticky honey garlic sauce beautifully coats the pork chops, giving them a hint of garlic and a touch of sweetness from the honey. For those who prefer a bit of heat, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and some garnished green onions will take this dish to the next level. Plus, searing the meat quickly on both sides ensures tender and juicy pork chops every time.
I like to serve this dish over a bed of white rice, but it’s equally delicious with mashed potatoes, cauliflower rice, or brown rice. Looking for the perfect side dish? Try my Air Fryer Green Beans, Air Fryer Asparagus, or Air Fryer Broccoli for a complete and satisfying meal.
The Ingredients You’ll Need
To make these mouthwatering honey garlic pork chops, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 Pork Chops – Both bone-in and boneless pork chops work well with this recipe.
- Fresh Herbs – Fresh rosemary and thyme add a lovely touch to the dry rub, but dried herbs also work.
- Olive Oil – Use a few tablespoons to sear the meat. Butter can also be used as a substitute.
- Seasonings – In addition to salt and black pepper, garlic powder and fresh garlic cloves add depth to the flavor.
- Minced Garlic – Fresh garlic cloves are preferred, but jarred minced garlic works just as well.
- Honey – This adds sweetness to the pork chops and creates a delightful glaze.
- Rice Wine Vinegar – If you don’t have rice wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar can be used as a substitute.
- Soy Sauce – Low-sodium soy sauce adds depth and flavor to the sauce. Coconut aminos is also a great alternative.
How to Make Honey Garlic Pork Chops
To create these amazing honey garlic pork chops, follow these simple steps:
- Take the pork chops out of the refrigerator and let them rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and season them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, garlic, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Place the pork chops in a single layer in the pan and sear them for 3-4 minutes on one side until golden brown.
- Flip the pork chops and reduce the heat to medium.
- Pour the honey garlic mixture over the pork chops and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145ºF.
- Allow the pork chops to rest for a few minutes before serving.
For the best results, I recommend using a cast iron pan like the cast iron Always pan. I’ve been using it for months, and it has become my go-to pan for searing meats.
So there you have it! A simple and delicious honey garlic pork chop recipe that will impress your family and friends. Give it a try and let the flavors of this mouthwatering dish transport you to a culinary paradise.
Sharing is caring!