If you want to experience the ultimate delight, look no further than these marvelous oven-broiled pork chops. These succulent chops are not only juicy and tender but also come drenched in a delectable homemade sauce. Prepare to be amazed by the delightful combination of sweet and tangy flavors, infused with hints of garlic and ginger.
The Art of Broiling Pork Chops
Oh boy, if you’ve never witnessed the magic of broiling pork chops, you’re in for a real treat! Brace yourself for an incredibly simple yet unbelievably delicious recipe.
The secret lies in the heavenly glaze created by brown sugar and ketchup, which caramelizes in the oven, coating the pork chops with an irresistible sticky goodness. As the glaze builds up during cooking, it develops a delightful crispness around the edges.
The real magic happens when the glaze combines with the aromatic garlic and ginger, beautifully complementing the pork chops.
These pork chops are an absolute delight to prepare. They have become a family favorite, loved by all for their amazing flavor, and I love how they can be ready in under 30 minutes! For a complete meal, serve them with creamy mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.
The Ingredients You’ll Need
To achieve pork chop perfection, make sure to gather these key ingredients:
- Pork Chops: Opt for bone-in pork chops, ideally 3/4”-1” thick, with a touch of marbling. This choice will yield the best results for this recipe.
- Ketchup: This versatile sauce not only enhances the flavor but also prevents the pork chops from drying out. Its thick texture also stands up well to the heat of the broiler, creating that alluring caramelized glaze.
- Sugar: Brown sugar works its magic by amplifying the sweetness of the ketchup and striking the perfect balance with Worcestershire sauce. Once it caramelizes under the broiler, it forms that delightful sticky glaze that gives this recipe its mouthwatering appeal.
- Spices: Indulge your taste buds with a combination of fine sea salt, garlic powder, and ground ginger, perfectly seasoning the pork chops. The salt enhances all the flavors, while garlic and ginger add a classic touch that pairs wonderfully with pork.
- Worcestershire Sauce: This secret ingredient contributes a wealth of flavor to the meat, providing a delightful umami taste that complements the glaze flawlessly.
How to Broil Your Pork Chops to Perfection
Follow these simple steps to achieve pork chop perfection:
- Adjust the oven rack to the upper third position and set it to broil.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire baking rack on top (alternatively, a broiler pan or a cast iron grill pan will suffice).
- In a small bowl, mix together the glaze (refer to the recipe card below for full instructions).
- Place the pork chops on the prepared baking sheet and generously brush the tops and sides with the glaze. Flip the pork chops and brush the tops with the sauce.
- Broil the pork chops, flipping them after a few minutes. Carefully remove the pork chops from the oven and brush all sides with more sauce. Once again, broil the pork chops, flipping them after a few minutes, and coat the top with the remaining sauce.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and broil one more time until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145F when tested with an instant-read meat thermometer. For exact measurements, cooking times, and useful tips, refer to the recipe card below.
Bake or Broil – Which Method is Superior?
If you’re aiming for pork chop perfection, look no further than broiling bone-in pork chops in the oven. It only takes around 15-18 minutes to broil pork chops that are 3/4”-1” thick. With minimal prep time and a short cooking duration, broiling remains my favorite method for cooking pork chops in the oven.
The Secret to Juicy Pork Chops
Pork chops are relatively lean, which means they won’t become more tender with extended cooking. That’s why it’s crucial to cook them quickly rather than low and slow.
To ensure your pork chops remain juicy and succulent, it’s best to cook them at a high temperature for a shorter duration. This is where broiling comes to the rescue, allowing you to achieve flawless results effortlessly.
Flipping for Flawless Results
Don’t forget to flip your pork chops as they cook in the oven. This simple step ensures even cooking, guaranteeing every bite is tender rather than overcooked in one spot.
I’m eager to hear your thoughts on this recipe! Leave a comment or share your experiences on Instagram, tagging @KeyToMyLime and using the hashtag #KeyToMyLime.
Feel free to Pin this recipe for later!
More Pork Delights
If you’re a fan of this recipe, be sure to explore our collection of pork recipes! Here are some reader favorites:
- Baked Country Style Boneless Pork Ribs
- Country Style Pork Ribs in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Sausage Balls
- Air Fryer Country Style Ribs
- Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
Oven-broiled pork chops are your ticket to a scrumptious and effortless dinner! They require minimal effort and time in the oven, resulting in a truly delightful, tasty, juicy, and tender meal.