Do you find yourself longing for the mouthwatering taste of McDonald’s breakfast sauce that has since vanished from their menu? Well, fear not! We have a delightful recipe that will enable you to recreate this delectable sauce at home and elevate your breakfast sandwich experience to new heights!
McDonald’s has always been renowned for their sauces, infusing every meal with bursts of incredible flavor. Unfortunately, their breakfast sauce is no longer available. However, it used to be a personal favorite for many customers, including myself.
Why You Must Try This Homemade McDonald’s Breakfast Sauce
- Indulgent Taste: This creamy sauce masterfully replicates the discontinued McDonald’s breakfast sauce, combining savory, sweet, and tangy elements into a single, uncomplicated sauce.
- Simplicity: In just a few minutes, you can effortlessly whip up this sauce in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Versatility: Don’t limit this sauce to breakfast food alone! It harmonizes perfectly with an array of dishes such as steak, egg, and cheese bagels, breakfast sausage burritos, wraps, seafood, chicken, and much more. Moreover, it serves as an ideal dip for chicken tenders, onion rings, and fries.
Ingredients Required for the Breakfast Sauce
Curious about the ingredients that comprise McDonald’s breakfast sauce? You might be surprised to learn that you likely have all these simple ingredients in your kitchen already:
- Mayonnaise – Feel free to use your preferred brand.
- Mustard – Yellow mustard is essential for achieving authentic flavors.
- Steak Sauce – While I personally prefer A1 steak sauce, you can use any brand that suits your taste.
- Lemon Juice – Adds a touch of acidity and tanginess to the sauce.
- Dried Dill Weed – If you don’t have dried dill, fresh dill can be used as an alternative.
- Salt & Pepper – Season the sauce with sea salt and ground black pepper, adjusting the amounts to your liking.
How to Prepare the Copycat McDonald’s Breakfast Sauce
Step One: In a small mixing bowl, thoroughly combine mayonnaise, mustard, steak sauce, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper. Use a spoon or whisk to achieve a well-blended consistency.
Step Two: You can serve the sauce immediately, or for optimal taste, transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate to allow the flavors to meld together.
Tips and Variations for the Recipe
- Serving Size: This recipe provides approximately 1 cup of sauce. If you desire more for the week, simply double the ingredient quantities.
- Mustard Variety: For a bolder flavor, consider replacing the yellow mustard with Dijon mustard.
- Spicy Kick: Are you a fan of spicy flavors? Incorporate a dash of hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper into the mixture.
- Chilling Time: If time allows, I recommend refrigerating the sauce for a few hours. This will allow the flavors to meld, resulting in a more pronounced and satisfying taste.
Any remaining McDonald’s sauce can be stored in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Unfortunately, this sauce does not freeze well. If you decide to give this incredible sauce a try, please let me know about your experience in the comments section!
Explore More Easy Homemade Sauces
- Copycat Burger King Zesty Sauce
- Duck Sauce
- Copycat Red Robin Campfire Sauce
- Arby’s Horsey Sauce
- Taco Bell Jalapeno Sauce
- Copycat McDonald’s Hot Mustard