Experience the Magic of Blackstone Teriyaki Vegetables
Looking for a quick and effortless weeknight meal? Look no further than Blackstone Teriyaki Vegetables. Whether you’re in need of a delicious side dish or a satisfying main course alongside teriyaki chicken and rice, this recipe has got you covered.
Made with simple ingredients, our homemade teriyaki sauce adds a burst of flavor to a stir fry of fresh vegetables, perfectly cooked on the griddle. With the option to customize the vegetables based on what you have on hand, this dish is an excellent way to incorporate more greens into your diet.
Unveiling the Essence of Teriyaki
Teriyaki is a cooking technique that involves glazing meat, vegetables, or fish with a savory sauce. Typically consisting of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar, this vegan recipe beautifully marinates your ingredients on the griddle or in a large skillet. The resulting combination of sweet and savory flavors is simply irresistible.
The Ingredients That Make It Happen
For the Vegetables:
- Broccoli Florets
- Sliced Yellow Onion
- Carrots (peeled and cut into strips)
- Diced Red Bell Pepper
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Avocado Oil
- Black Pepper
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- Brown Sugar
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Fresh Ginger
- Sesame Seeds
How to Create Teriyaki Vegetables on a Blackstone Griddle
Step 1 – Heat the Griddle: Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium-high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Spread a generous amount of avocado oil onto the grill.
Step 2 – Add Vegetables to Griddle: Begin by sautéing the broccoli for about 3-4 minutes until tender. Next, incorporate the remaining vegetables, seasoning them with salt and pepper. Continue sautéing for an additional 3-4 minutes until the vegetables reach desired tenderness.
Step 3 – Combine Sauce Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together all the teriyaki sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce over the vegetables on the Blackstone. Toss everything together to ensure the vegetables are evenly coated. Allow the sauce to thicken by cooking for a few more minutes.
Step 4 – Serve and Savor: Sprinkle the dish with sesame seeds for an added touch of flavor and visual appeal. Then, get ready to relish every bite.
Can It Be Made on the Stovetop?
Absolutely! This versatile Teriyaki Vegetable recipe can be easily prepared on the stovetop as well. Simply heat your trusty cast-iron skillet or a large pan with oil, add the vegetables, and cook until they reach the desired tenderness.
Perfect Pairings for Teriyaki Vegetables
Teriyaki Vegetables are a fantastic side dish but can also take the spotlight as a main course. To make cleanup a breeze, we recommend using the Blackstone grill to prepare your entire meal. Consider these delectable accompaniments:
- Hibachi Noodles: Seasoned with soy sauce, butter, garlic, and a touch of brown sugar, these lo mein noodles work wonderfully alongside the teriyaki seasoning and vegetables.
- Fried Rice: Incorporate all your favorite ingredients into this delicious fried rice recipe, effortlessly complementing the teriyaki vegetables.
- Blackstone Chicken Thighs: Explore the realm of mouthwatering flavor by preparing succulent chicken thighs on the griddle. They’ll pair beautifully with the teriyaki vegetables.
Let the Saucy Stir Fry Begin: Tips and Tricks
- Prepare Vegetables: To simplify the cooking process, pre-chop your vegetables and store them in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Marinate the Sauce: For enhanced flavor, we recommend preparing the teriyaki sauce ahead of time, allowing it to marinate and develop its full potential.
- Soy Sauce Selection: Opt for low-sodium soy sauce for the best results. If you follow a gluten-free diet, tamari is an excellent substitute.
- Cooking the Vegetables: Aim to achieve a tender texture when cooking the vegetables. They should only take a few minutes to cook through.
- Thickening the Sauce: If your sauce is not thickening as desired, create a cornstarch slurry by mixing a cup of water with cornstarch. Pour this mixture over the vegetables and let the magic happen.
Versatile Additions to Teriyaki Chicken
If you decide to incorporate chicken into your teriyaki vegetable medley, don’t be afraid to experiment with different vegetable combinations. Here are some popular options:
- Diced Green Onion
- Bok Choy
- Snap Peas
- Snow Peas
- Green Beans
Feeling adventurous? Substitute chicken for beef or tofu for a delightful gluten-free alternative.
Elevate Your Stir Fry with These Variation Ideas
- Oil Options: Feel free to use any oil with a high smoke point, such as vegetable oil, coconut oil, or canola oil, instead of avocado oil.
- Customize the Sauce: Personalize your teriyaki sauce by substituting honey for maple syrup or minced garlic for fresh garlic cloves.
- Nuts as an Addition: For an enhanced texture, consider adding chopped nuts to the stir fry. Cashews make an excellent choice!
- Go with the Flow: Embrace the flexibility of this recipe by incorporating vegetables that may be nearing their expiration date. Transform them into a delightful side dish.
- A Spicy Twist: If you prefer a hint of spice, sprinkle in ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes to elevate the flavor profile.
- Meat Lovers Rejoice: This recipe can be easily adapted to include chicken, seafood, or beef, catering to all palates.
Fresh vs. Frozen Vegetables
While fresh vegetables are recommended for this recipe, frozen vegetables can also be used. However, be mindful that they may become slightly soggy when cooked, whether on the griddle or stovetop.
Storing Leftovers with Care
To savor the deliciousness of leftovers, store them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Get Cooking with Our Blackstone Teriyaki Vegetables Recipe
For a convenient way to follow this recipe, visit our Hook’d Up Bar and Grill website for a printer-friendly version.
Explore More Easy Blackstone Stir Fry Recipes
For more sensational stir fry recipes that are a breeze to make on your Blackstone grill, check out these must-try dishes:
- Blackstone Hibachi Vegetable Recipe
- Blackstone Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- Chicken Stir Fry Blackstone Recipes