If you’re looking for a quick and easy 20-minute meal, look no further than this mouthwatering blackened salmon recipe. With its perfectly-blackened, flavorful, and crispy crust, this dish is a winner every time. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining guests, this recipe is sure to impress.
Blackened Salmon Ingredients
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s take a look at the key ingredients you’ll need:
- Salmon: Choose your favorite type of salmon, whether it’s individual fillets or a larger slab. Just make sure frozen fillets are completely thawed before cooking.
- Olive oil: I prefer using olive oil for its flavor and higher smoke point, but you can use melted butter if you prefer.
- Blackened seasoning: Create your own blend using smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper, cayenne, dried oregano, and dried thyme. Feel free to customize the seasoning to suit your taste.
- Lemon or lime: Squeeze some citrus juice over the salmon to enhance its savory, smoky flavors.
Tips for Blackening Salmon
To ensure your blackened salmon turns out perfectly, keep these tips in mind:
- Prep seasoning in advance: Save time on busy nights by preparing a big batch of blackening seasoning in advance. You can use it on various proteins, vegetables, and more.
- Season generously: Don’t hold back on the seasoning. Coat each fillet generously for a flavor-packed crispy crust.
- Get the pan hot: Make sure your pan and oil are hot before adding the fish. The sizzling sound when the salmon hits the pan is a sign of a properly heated pan.
- Patience is key: Allow the fish to cook undisturbed until the crust has blackened before flipping it. This will ensure a crispy exterior.
- Use a cooking thermometer: For perfectly cooked salmon, use a cooking thermometer to check the internal temperature. Aim for 135°F as the fish will continue to cook while resting off the heat.
- Customize to your taste: Feel free to experiment with different flavors and adjust the seasoning to suit your preferences. Make this recipe your own!
Pair your blackened salmon with these delicious sides to complete your meal:
- Veggies: Roasted asparagus, broccolini, or green beans make excellent companions to the salmon. Prepare your favorite veggies in your preferred style.
- Salad: Keep it simple with a green salad or add a fruity twist with a strawberry avocado salad.
- Rice or pasta: Serve with a side of rice or pasta. Lemon, cheese, or pesto pasta pairs perfectly with blackened salmon.
- Potatoes: Baked, mashed, scalloped, or roasted potatoes are all great choices.
- Fresh fruit: Add a touch of sweetness with fresh fruit or a fruit salad.
- Sauce: Elevate your dish with a flavorful sauce like aioli, lemon butter, creamy herb, or guacamole.
Other Creative Ways to Enjoy Blackened Salmon
If you’re a fan of blackened salmon and want to explore different ways to enjoy it, here are a few ideas:
- Tacos, tostadas, and more
- Pastas and rice dishes
- Egg dishes
- Creamy dips
Discover the Perfect Blackened Salmon Recipe at Hook’d Up Bar and Grill
Try this irresistible blackened salmon recipe today and experience a burst of flavor in every bite. Visit Hook’d Up Bar and Grill to learn more about our delicious menu and exciting dining options.
Share this Post