Are you craving tender and succulent BBQ pork chops? Look no further! With an air-fryer, you can whip up this mouthwatering dish easily and conveniently. Whether you prefer boneless or bone-in pork chops, or even thin cuts, this recipe is perfect for you. And for an extra burst of flavor, try it with our homemade pineapple BBQ sauce. You won’t be disappointed!
Why make BBQ Pork Chops in an Air Fryer?
You might be wondering, why choose an air fryer for your BBQ pork chops? Well, let us tell you why. Cooking your pork chops in an air fryer offers a fast and efficient way to achieve that perfect balance of tenderness and flavor. The air circulating around the chops ensures even cooking, while the high heat creates a delightful caramelization on the outside, sealing in all the delicious juices within.
What You Need
To make these delectable BBQ pork chops, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Pork chops (boneless, bone-in, or thin cuts)
- BBQ sauce (try our homemade pineapple BBQ sauce)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Optional: additional herbs and spices for extra flavor
Secret to a Tender Air Fried Pork Chops
Tenderizing the pork chops is the key to unlocking their full potential. By tenderizing, you allow the marinade and seasonings to penetrate the meat, resulting in a more flavorful dish. However, be careful not to overdo it, as excessive pounding can make the chops mushy or fall apart during cooking.
To Prevent Pork Chops from Curling
Pork chops have a tendency to curl up during cooking due to the contraction of muscle fibers. To prevent this, score the fat on the edges. Make shallow cuts in the fat layer around the edges of the pork chop to prevent it from shrinking and curling. This simple technique will help you achieve a beautifully flat and even cook.
How to Make Air-fryer BBQ Pork Chops
- Preheat your air fryer to the recommended temperature.
- Season your pork chops with salt, pepper, and any additional herbs or spices.
- Brush both sides of the chops generously with your desired amount of BBQ sauce.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not overlapping.
- Cook the chops for the recommended time, flipping them halfway through for even browning.
- Once cooked, remove the pork chops from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This resting period allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a moist and delicious pork chop.
The cooking time for air-fried BBQ pork chops can vary depending on the thickness of the chops and the temperature of your air fryer. It is crucial to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 145°F (63°C). This will guarantee juicy and tender pork chops every time.
What to Serve with BBQ Pork Chops
When it comes to serving BBQ pork chops, there is an array of sides that can enhance the flavors of this dish. Here are some delicious options:
- Vegetables: Grilled corn, zucchini, bell peppers, and eggplant are all fantastic choices. You can also pair the pork chops with a flavorful vegetable stir-fry like Chop Suey.
- Baked beans: Sweet and tangy baked beans are a classic BBQ side dish that pairs perfectly with pork chops.
- Coleslaw: A refreshing coleslaw made with cabbage, carrots, and a tangy dressing can balance out the richness of the barbecue pork.
- Potato: A creamy potato salad with herbs and a tangy dressing or roasted potatoes would make a delightful accompaniment.
- Mac and cheese: Indulge in a comforting side dish like mac and cheese, which complements the BBQ pork chops beautifully.
- Garlic bread: Warm and crusty garlic bread is an easy and delicious side that perfectly complements the flavors of BBQ pork chops.
- Rice: Brown rice or white rice can serve as a neutral base to soak up the flavors of the sauce and seasonings used on the pork chops. You can even add herbs or spices to the rice for an extra kick.
Shelf-life and Re-heating
Proper storage and handling are essential for maintaining the quality and safety of your air-fried BBQ pork chops. Here are some guidelines:
- Cooked pork should be refrigerated within 2 hours of cooking.
- Store the pork chops in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- To reheat, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) or air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Remove the pork chops from the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes to remove the chill. Place the pork chops on a baking sheet or in the air fryer basket, brush them with a little extra BBQ sauce to add moisture, and heat them in the oven or air fryer for about 10-12 minutes until warmed through.
For the complete recipe with detailed instructions, please visit Hook’d Up Bar and Grill.
That’s it! Once you try this BBQ pork chops recipe in your air fryer, you’ll never want to cook them any other way. Enjoy the tender, juicy, and flavor-packed goodness of these air-fried delights. Happy cooking!