Ribs are a quintessential all-American dish that everyone loves. While grilling ribs is a popular choice, you don’t need a grill or perfect weather to enjoy finger-licking ribs. This easy oven-baked baby back ribs recipe will have you craving more with every bite.
What Makes These Ribs Extraordinary
Made with a homemade raspberry chipotle BBQ sauce, these ribs offer a tantalizing blend of sweet and smoky flavors. The raspberries provide a perfect counterbalance to the kick of chipotle peppers, resulting in a BBQ sauce that you’ll want to keep on hand. If you prefer a more traditional tomato-based BBQ sauce, our sugar-free BBQ sauce recipe is an excellent alternative.
The Secret to Tender Ribs
Cooking ribs in the oven is both effortless and rewarding. Preheat your oven to 300°F, remove the membrane from the back of the ribs, and apply a generous rub mixture to both sides. Place them on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for approximately 2 ½ hours, or until they become fork-tender. To add a finishing touch, brush the ribs with BBQ sauce and bake at 450°F for an additional 7-10 minutes, giving the sauce a delicate char.
Tips for Perfection
To ensure the best results, follow these tips:
- Invest in quality ribs: Look for ribs with even fat distribution and a good marbling throughout.
- Choose similar-sized racks: Cooking ribs of similar size guarantees even cooking.
- Remove the membrane: Removing the silver membrane from the back of the ribs is crucial for achieving fall-off-the-bone tenderness.
- Season wisely: Opt for homemade spice rubs to avoid added sugars and preservatives commonly found in store-bought alternatives.
Keto-Friendly and Delicious
Wondering if ribs fit into your keto lifestyle? The answer is a resounding yes! Ribs are an excellent source of protein, and their fat marbling makes them even more suitable for the keto diet. The only caution lies in the choice of spice rub and sauce. While some store-bought sauces pack excessive amounts of sugar, homemade alternatives allow you to control your carb intake.
The Perfect Keto Sides
Pair your oven-baked ribs with these delightful keto side dishes:
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Easy Cole Slaw
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Keto Broccoli Alfredo
- Jalapeno Popper Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Expanding Your Pork Repertoire
If you can’t get enough of pork, try these mouth-watering low-carb pork recipes:
- Pork Chops with Bacon Mushroom Gravy
- Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Thai Red Curry Coconut Pork
Now that you have the ultimate keto ribs recipe at your fingertips, it’s time to fire up that oven and indulge in a meal that will leave you wanting more. For an unforgettable dining experience, give these baby back ribs a try and savor every bite. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you!
Find more tantalizing recipes at Hook’d Up Bar and Grill.