Can you air fry oatmeal?
Yes! You can easily make baked oats in an air fryer using my special recipe for air fryer oatmeal. This gluten-free and healthy breakfast option is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to prepare. In this article, you’ll find the cooking temperature and time for baking oatmeal in the air fryer, as well as nutrition tips, substitutions, and more. Get ready to have some fun baking in your air fryer with this low-sugar and wholesome oatmeal recipe!
Why make oatmeal in the air fryer?
Air frying oatmeal instead of using the oven has two significant advantages. Firstly, it takes less time, and secondly, it doesn’t heat up your house. But that’s not all! Here are a few more reasons why I absolutely love this baked oatmeal recipe:
- Easy: Simply mix the ingredients, pour them into a pan, and let the air fryer do the work. It’s much easier than making oatmeal on the stove.
- Customizable: You can easily customize the recipe by adding your favorite fruits, nuts, vegetables, or seeds.
- Healthy: Oatmeal is a nutritious whole grain packed with fiber. It’s an excellent way to start your day on a healthy note.
- Gluten-Free: By using gluten-free rolled oats, you can enjoy a delicious gluten-free breakfast.
- Inexpensive: Oatmeal is one of the most affordable breakfast options available. It’s a great way to save money on groceries.
- Low in Calories and Sugar: This recipe is under 400 calories per serving and contains no added sugar. It’s perfect for weight-watchers and anyone looking for a nutritious and satisfying breakfast.
- Delicious: Flavored properly, baked oatmeal can taste like an indulgent dessert. You might just become an oatmeal lover after trying this recipe!
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make baked oats in the air fryer, gather the following ingredients:
- Dry rolled oats (old-fashioned oats)
- Grated zucchini
- Chopped fresh pineapple
- Baking soda
- Milk (dairy or unsweetened soymilk)
- Ripe mashed banana
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans
- Melted butter
- Cooking oil spray
Note: You can always find the complete recipe at the bottom of this article.
How to Make Baked Oatmeal in the Air Fryer
Let’s dive into the process of making oatmeal in the air fryer. Follow these simple steps:
- Shred the zucchini and dice the pineapple.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the dry ingredients (oatmeal, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, pecans).
- Add the zucchini, pineapple, milk, banana, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Spray your baking pan with cooking oil.
- Pour the oatmeal batter into the pan and smooth out the top with a spoon.
- Cover the pan with a foil (oiled side facing the oatmeal) to prevent it from blowing off in the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (177°C) for 5 minutes.
- Place the foil-covered pan in the middle of the air fryer oven.
- Bake the oatmeal in the preheated air fryer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and air fry for an additional 3 minutes.
- Allow the oatmeal to cool and then refrigerate it.
- Prepare the oatmeal topping by making a date puree and whisking it with whipped cream cheese, milk, and vanilla.
- Spread the topping over the cooled baked oatmeal and sprinkle toasted coconut flakes on top.
- Enjoy your delicious air fryer oatmeal!
Cooking Time and Temperature
To achieve perfect results, bake your oatmeal at 350°F (177°C) for 30 minutes in the air fryer. After removing the foil, air fry for an additional 3 minutes to give it a delightful golden crust.
Air Frying vs. Baking in the Oven
If you prefer baking your oatmeal in the oven, simply follow the same steps and baking temperature. Bake the oatmeal for approximately 40 minutes on a rack placed about a third down from the top of the oven. Although the cooking time may be slightly longer, the deliciousness will remain the same.
Leftovers and Expert Tips
This air fryer oatmeal recipe is perfect for meal prepping breakfasts on busy weekday mornings. You can store it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, ensuring that you cover the pan with plastic wrap if kept for longer periods. If you’d like to freeze the oatmeal, be aware that the texture may become slightly mushy when defrosted. It’s best to add the topping after thawing if you plan on freezing it.
For expert tips on achieving your desired health and fitness goals, consult with a registered dietitian or your physician. They can help determine the best dietary plan for your needs.
The possibilities for oatmeal variations are endless! Personalize your baked oatmeal with different fruits, seeds, nuts, or even chocolate chips. Get creative and make it truly your own!
Remember, for the best air fryer oatmeal experience, be sure to check out Hook’d Up Bar and Grill. You’ll love the incredible taste and health benefits of their delicious menu. For more information, visit Hook’d Up Bar and Grill. Enjoy your homemade oatmeal and have a fantastic day!