Are you wondering if you can air fry baby carrots? The answer is a resounding yes! Discover the simple yet flavorful recipe for air fryer baby carrots right here. This gluten-free, Paleo, Whole30, vegetarian, and vegan friendly side dish is not only healthy but also incredibly tasty. You’ll be amazed at how delicious roasted baby carrots in the air fryer can be, and the best part is they take less time to cook than in the oven!
Why Air Fry Baby Carrots?
What makes air fried baby carrots so great? Let’s explore the benefits:
- Special diets: This recipe caters to various dietary needs, including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole30. Baby carrots can also fit into most low-carb diets, although they may not be suitable for keto diets.
- Nutritious: Loaded with essential vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin A, carrots are a healthy choice. They are also a good source of fiber.
- Fast: Unlike regular carrots, baby carrots require no peeling or chopping. Simply pop them into the air fryer, and they’ll be ready in just 25 minutes. Compare that to the longer baking time in the oven!
- Easy clean up: The non-stick air fryer tray or basket is much simpler to clean than a baking pan.
- Delicious: Baby carrots are loved by both kids and adults. Air frying them is a fantastic way to boost your veggie intake while satisfying your taste buds.
Ingredients: What You’ll Need
To make air fryer baby carrots, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 lb. (454g) bag of baby carrots
- Avocado oil (or olive oil)
- Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Non-aerosol cooking oil spray (free of propellants)
Feel free to experiment with rainbow baby carrots for a more colorful dish. If you prefer, regular carrots can be used. Just peel and cut them into baby carrot-sized sticks.
Air Fryer Equipment
For this recipe, I used a 10-Quart Kalorik Digital Air Fryer Oven. However, you can make these baby carrots with any air fryer, such as a Ninja Foodi, Cosori, Philips, Pampered Chef Air Fryer, Actifry, Nuwave, Instant Vortex, Cuisinart, or Power Air Fryer. Keep in mind that you may need to adjust the cooking time if using a different model. If you have a smaller air fryer, you might need to cook the baby carrots in batches.
How to Make Air Fryer Baby Carrots
- Place the fresh baby carrots in a medium-sized bowl.
- Drizzle them with avocado oil and sprinkle on the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well to ensure the spices are evenly distributed.
- Mist your air fryer tray or basket with cooking oil spray.
- Arrange the carrots in a (mostly) single layer on the tray, making sure they don’t overlap.
- If you have an air fryer oven, position the tray of carrots in the top rack.
- Start air frying the baby carrots at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190C) for 15 minutes.
- Flip the carrots and rearrange them back into a (mostly) single layer.
- If they begin to look dry, give them a light mist of cooking spray.
- Air fry for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, garnish the carrots with a sprinkle of parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cooking Time and Temperature
For perfectly cooked air fryer baby carrots, follow these time and temperature guidelines:
- Total cook time: 25 minutes
- Temperature: 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190C)
Remember, these carrots will resemble oven-roasted baby carrots. If you prefer a crispier texture, slice them thinner and increase the cooking time.
Wondering what to serve with baby carrots? They pair well with various main dishes, such as:
- Air Fryer Rib Eye Steak
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Rotisserie Chicken in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pork Roast
Feel free to get creative and try different combinations!
Expert Tips from a Dietitian
As a level 1 recipe that may support fat loss, these baby carrots are a fantastic addition to your diet. They are low in calories, high in volume, and packed with nutrients. You can enjoy them as a healthy side dish that complements most dietary patterns and health goals.
Baby carrots have a natural sweetness that requires minimal enhancement. If you’re not a fan of smoked paprika, feel free to experiment with other spices and herbs. For example, try making air fryer ranch baby carrots with dill, thyme, and parsley.
Avoid adding sugar to the carrots, as many people already consume too much added sugar. However, if you’re trying to encourage a picky eater to consume more vegetables or increase overall calorie intake, a small amount of sugar can be added.
Are Baby Carrots Keto?
Baby carrots are considered non-starchy vegetables and can be included in most low-carb diets, as long as you don’t add sugar. However, keep in mind that per Cronometer, baby carrots provide around 8-10g net carbs per 1/3 lb (151g). This air fryer roasted carrots recipe may not be suitable for very low-carb (keto) diets.
Explore More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
If you’re looking for more delicious vegetable recipes to cook in the air fryer, give these dishes a try:
- Air Fryer Carrots with Herbs, Tahini, and Pomegranate Seeds
- Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
- Squash in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
Join the Hook’d Up Bar and Grill Community!
Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter to stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest recipes from Hook’d Up Bar and Grill. You can also follow us on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube to keep the deliciousness coming!
Please note that all recipes on the Hook’d Up Bar and Grill website may or may not be suitable for you, depending on your medical needs and personal preferences. For personalized advice, consult with a registered dietitian or your physician to determine the dietary pattern that best suits you. The nutrition information provided is an estimate and may vary based on specific brands and ingredients used. Calorie information on food labels can be inaccurate, so don’t worry too much about the numbers. Stay focused on enjoying the cooking process and savoring the delicious results!